Local reception issues in Jacksonville, FL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jax Tom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Lately I've been getting pixelization on locals channels. It seems to be getting worse. I've not noticed it on any national channels (CNN, ESPN, etc.)

When I check the spreadsheet for what satellite my locals are coming from, it appears to be 103s. Although the transponders all say 18. Didn't think that it worked that way.

When I do a transponder signal check 1-4 are 0, 21-22 are 0. A bunch are N/A, 14-21 are all 93-99 and 24 is 79.

So...... I don't think that's the issue. (But that's why I'm asking).

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Your locals are on 103s transponders 17 and 18. You aren't looking in the right place. Go to settings, then satellite. Then go to the 103s satellite. What are your signal levels on those?

Those were the readings from 103s

Specifically 17 and 18 are 99 and 96.

So I'm kind of thinking it's something else?

Last edited:
Check when you are getting the pixelation to see if the numbers have dropped. If not, it could be a local channel issue. Is it happening at the same time on all of the locals? I'd think it's a Directv issue then.

I just rechecked now when I was getting some pixelation on NBC. And got 99 and 96. I assume that's fine. I guess I'll talk to support. Just wanted to see if I could go in with some clue...

Try calling the local stations and ask to speak to the head engineer. They often like interacting with the public about issues like this.

I've been monitoring a bit. I have a TABLO hooked up to an antenna, and I never get any issues on it. So its my DirecTV set up.

I had a frustrating talk with "Support" talking to someone for whom English was a second language. At the end of it she said she would let DirecTV know (who the heck was I talking to?) and I'd hear something via email in 24 hours. I didn't.

Anyone know a better way of getting support? I've been spoiled by a great support response from T-Mobile.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)