local retailers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mustang65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Greeneville,TN
Does anyone know which is better, ordering online or going through a local retailer to get the eqipment and installation? I went to a website just to look and it said my zip code wasn't eligible for locals but it is from the 72.5 bird.

That doesn't make sense. Do you mean that you'll need a 2nd dish for your locals because they are at 72.5?

Just depends if you want the face to face contact or not. I'd highly recommend Robert at Value Electronics. He's very helpful and a sponsor of this site. Just placed my order with him yesterday!

Run...don't walk to Value Electronics. My system was here in less than 48 hours and installed by the end of the week. Robert, Wendy, Graham, and everyone else there will what they have to do to make you happy.

I'm sure that Value Electronics does well, but I would guess that the local guy would really appreciate the work and help support your local schools and tax base. Besides I look at the fact that it's not the equipment that you purchase, it's the installation and service of the equipment should you ever need service after the sale. I would guess that the local retailer would give you both. Not trying to say anything bad about Value Electronics, but I tend to support my community by shopping in my community.

If you have a problem after the sale, who do you think will be easier to find and get service? A local retailer or a CSR with Dish or D*?

Saying that, not all local retailers are created equal. Verify they offer a warranty on their work.

I 100% agree, local does not always = better. Ask for references and check your BBB office or online. The ONLY time you will need the installer is IF there is an install issue. After you are installed and your DirecTV service is turned on you deal with DirecTV, not the installer.

charper1 said:
I 100% agree, local does not always = better. Ask for references and check your BBB office or online. The ONLY time you will need the installer is IF there is an install issue. After you are installed and your DirecTV service is turned on you deal with DirecTV, not the installer.

That's true only if someone calls D* Direct Sales and we do the install. Anyone who goes to Best Buy or Circuit City and gets installed through them must contact them if there are any installation issues within 90 days. After 90 days, D* handles service calls. Before then, we always refer customers to whoever installed it.

I got my system from VE and had an "installer problem". One call from VE and he was at my house last night clearing up the problem. I'll go buy the new Springsteen from the local guy( I did today) but I want someone else besides the kid at Best Buy looking out for my HT investment.

Beavis said:
That's true only if someone calls D* Direct Sales and we do the install. Anyone who goes to Best Buy or Circuit City and gets installed through them must contact them if there are any installation issues within 90 days. After 90 days, D* handles service calls. Before then, we always refer customers to whoever installed it.

Exactly what I said, only the install issues will be addressed by the installer. So as long as you check them out properly, ANY quality certified installer will do just fine, it doesn't have to be one in your backyard. POST successful install, D* will handle your service needs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New Subscriber!!

Where to order Direct HD system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)