Local sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bscolvin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
Pittsburgh
Does anyone know what sat and spot beam the Pittsburgh locals are on I keep on losing my signal. It is only on the locals.

According to Lyngsat.com, they are on Spaceway 2 at 99.

If you are getting 771s on your local channels, it's easy to tell if your dish is aligned properly even without knowing what satellite and transponder they are on. You need to check your 99c and 103c signals on the DVR (99a and 103b if you have a receiver). If they are in the 70s ( absolute minimum), preferably 80s or 90s, then your dish is aligned correctly on the 99 and 103 slots and your HD local transponders will be coming in at good strength.
As raoul788 posted, your HD locals are (or were) on Spaceway 2 at 99. The transponders would be one or two of TPs 1 thru 6 on the 99s (DVR) or 99b (receiver) screens. It's possible the HD locals could have moved satellites recently, DirecTV is moving stuff around now that the DirecTV11 satellite is available. But as I said, it really does not matter. Get 99c and 103c to good numbers and everything else will be peaked also.

I have 80 and 90 on 99c and 103c but my signal on my locals are still breaking up. I don't know what could be wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)