Local Stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil154

Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
I live in Charlottesville Virginia. I have a neighbor who just moved here from Cleveland Ohio and did not advise DirectV of the move hoping that they would still get the Cleveland local station. They hooked up the system and get all of the stations except for locals. The Cleveland locals show up on the guide but when they try to watch the station they only get a blank screen and the information button shows what is suppose to be playing on that Cleveland station.

Is it somehow possible for them to keep their Clkeveland local stations.

I live in Charlottesville Virginia. I have a neighbor who just moved here from Cleveland Ohio and did not advise DirectV of the move hoping that they would still get the Cleveland local station. They hooked up the system and get all of the stations except for locals. The Cleveland locals show up on the guide but when they try to watch the station they only get a blank screen and the information button shows what is suppose to be playing on that Cleveland station.

Is it somehow possible for them to keep their Clkeveland local stations.

Your neighbors have moved out of the local spotbeam for Cleveland, so they willnot be able to get thier old locals anymore.

Jimbo

In Charlottesville you should be in the spotbeam for either the Richmond SD LiL or the DC HD LiL provided by DirecTV. A properly selected and installed OTA should also do the trick just nice.

Local Sub Channels

Hello all,
Has anyone heard on when, If this is in the process, Directv will be beaming the local sub channels that are available over the air? I am enjoying a local channel 26-2 OTA that is not available on my Directv HD box. Also any updates on when local PBS HD be available?

Thank you,:tux:

Hello all,
Has anyone heard on when, If this is in the process, Directv will be beaming the local sub channels that are available over the air? I am enjoying a local channel 26-2 OTA that is not available on my Directv HD box. Also any updates on when local PBS HD be available?

Thank you,:tux:

DirecTV and Dish are both fighting this tooth and nail. They have yet to get LIL in all markets, and neither one have the bandwidth to do all of the sub channels without taking out some other programming.

I don't forsee it any time in the immediate future.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts