Please reply by conversation.

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
Ok. Question:

My locals are not be be broadcasted until Jun 15th. Joplin,Mo 64801

I have found on the "list" the channels.

KODE 12
KSNF 16
KOZJ PBS
KODE 7

They are found on
61.5 at SB 15

110 at SB 20 (SD signal)

and
129 SB 36

These are supposed to be an HD launch only. Thus why they are upgrading my SD reciever, why is there an SD signal on 110?

The other question, is why are the HD locals, broadcasted on 2 different satelite's?

to quote the late Gary Coleman
"Whud You Talking Bout Willis??"

Your locals are available. SD are on 110, HD is on 129 and 61.5

Some markets are on both arcs for right now. Minneapolis is another one. Dish is trying to get folks on one arc (either east or west) and not mixed setups.

The drawback of EA is the locals are only in HD whereas on WA the SD ones are on 110 and HD is on 129

I am a complete mess.

Looking at the list, and thinking I was looking at directv satelites.

I do not have dish, I have directv.

OK now that the confusion is done : ;)

Your locals are going to be on 99W according to a chart I have
callsign channel TP satellite
*KFJX 14 18 D11 @99W foxhd
*KOAM 7 18 D11 @99W cbshd
*KODE 12 18 D11 @99W abchd
*KOZJ 26 18 D11 @99W kozjhd
*KSNF 16 18 D11 @99W ksnfhd

so if you get locals they will have to upgrade you to MPEG4 equipment and it will be a new dish. There is no SD version....just HD locals

OK now that the confusion is done

Your locals are going to be on 99W according to a chart I have
callsign channel TP satellite
*KFJX 14 18 D11 @99W foxhd
*KOAM 7 18 D11 @99W cbshd
*KODE 12 18 D11 @99W abchd
*KOZJ 26 18 D11 @99W kozjhd
*KSNF 16 18 D11 @99W ksnfhd

so if you get locals they will have to upgrade you to MPEG4 equipment and it will be a new dish. There is no SD version....just HD locals

Thanks a million, for sticking with me threw the retarded phase of my posting. The above what you posted was exactly what I was initially looking for.
I just had this installed Saturday. It is a SWM dish. I cant for sure say it is this one. http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...B-Combo-(AU9SL3SWMBPWS)&c=DIRECTV Dishes&sku= but it looks damn close.

I took an SD reciever cause a second HD reciever would cost me $99. When the tech arrived and told me about the HD locals and how I would get a free HD reciever upgrade. I got excited. A new happy customer, with an HR24-500, an H24 and hopefully another H24 :)

Last edited:
Quick Q

Would this imply we are not going to get all channels at launch?

Attachments

• Local Affiliate List.JPG
    Local Affiliate List.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 136
These are the full powered locals in your market

KOAM CBS
KODE ABC
KFJX FOX
KSNF NBC
KOZJ PBS
KCLG ION
KCLJ TBN

Ion will be the national feed remapped and TBN is already up there. The others I posted that they are uplinked already at 99W. I do not see a CW for the market

These are the full powered locals in your market

KOAM CBS
KODE ABC
KFJX FOX
KSNF NBC
KOZJ PBS
KCLG ION
KCLJ TBN

Ion will be the national feed remapped and TBN is already up there. The others I posted that they are uplinked already at 99W. I do not see a CW for the market

So maybe the info he had was old ?

Still not clear on SD and/or HD. According to the Locals Receive Facilities Chart is shows Joplin-Pittsburg will be in SD and HD will I still need MPEG4 equipment? Also since we don't have a CW will we get the East coast CW feed as a part of our locals like other markets do? The chart that the other individual had is what comes up when you try to quailify for distant locals.

The other thing I noticed is it says "HD" in the right column. His Fox is pretty low powered (14k watts on VHF 13) but piggybacks on the CBS too. Possibly the station is in 480i wide screen?

I know one local by me the Fox subchanel is 480i widescreen for Fox Network programming and black bar hell all the other times

where did that come from?

In the locals forum on the other site, a post about June HD-LIL launches was posted. They "claimed" that using
Enter Address

was a way to determine if the channels were online.

Then this was stated.
I spoke with the GM of the FOX affiliate which is in the same building as CBS and he said that there is a chance FOX could launch on the 16th and then again there is a chance it could launch later this year.

I am taking your side, cause from the installer and everyone here. It sounds to me like a full launch. (They have had a long time to negotiate) Especially when the installer was from out of state, brought to Missouri to help with the insurge of new installs due to D* getting locals. (I dont think people would get this excited if it were only three channels)

Still not clear on SD and/or HD. According to the Locals Receive Facilities Chart is shows Joplin-Pittsburg will be in SD and HD will I still need MPEG4 equipment?
what I show is just HD only. New markets D* seems to just add them as MPEG4 so you need MPEG4 equipment

Also since we don't have a CW will we get the East coast CW feed as a part of our locals like other markets do?

I would hazard a guess that yes you would. SD only though ;)

In the locals forum on the other site, a post about June HD-LIL launches was posted. They "claimed" that using
Enter Address

was a way to determine if the channels were online.

Then this was stated.

I am taking your side, cause from the installer and everyone here. It sounds to me like a full launch. (They have had a long time to negotiate) Especially when the installer was from out of state, brought to Missouri to help with the insurge of new installs due to D* getting locals. (I dont think people would get this excited if it were only three channels)
The chart I've posted was dated late last month as channels on D* so since its listed then its uplinked. Very odd they would uplink it and not turn it on

How did you find out the release date for your locals?

Also, I currently just have the Standard receivers and my locals are only available in HD....Do I need to upgrade my equipment, and does that mean a contract extension?

How did you find out the release date for your locals?
here is the press release
DIRECTV: HD Locals, locals in HD

Also, I currently just have the Standard receivers and my locals are only available in HD....Do I need to upgrade my equipment, and does that mean a contract extension?

They will have to give you a slimline dish...according to their locals page...by the way which market?

Standard Local Channels: Most can receive these local channels using any DIRECTV® System. Certain select markets will require an MPEG-4 capable receiver. If you are eligible to receive local channels from us and don't have the correct equipment now, when you upgrade your receiver online, we will match the proper receiver for your market.

Locals: Eligibility based on service address. Not all networks available in all markets.

HD Locals: Eligibility based on service address. DIRECTV Slimline dish required in some markets to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV. H20 or HR20 model DIRECTV HD Receiver and HD or HD-ready television set required to display HD programming from DIRECTV

I'm in the Gulfport-Biloxi market.....

So that means I have to extend my contract for 2 years + the 10 dollar HD access fee per month?

If you want just locals in HD there is no $10 fee
Since its locals I dont think they can extend it due to needing the equipment for HD locals (not other HD)

You might have to wait until the locals launch and then call D* to see

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)