Locals-64801

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I thought it said you needed the HD Access.....so I'm not sure at all I called DTV and they were no help either.

I went to a retail store and they were telling me it was a contract extension plus the 10 dollar fee....

Don't really know who to listen to haha

Here is an old thread I found from a buddy of mine who got D* and just wanted SD. Since Directv moved his locals to 99W from 72.5 some in HD some not he needed a slimline and was not charged the access fee

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - What dish is used to receive standard programming?

Ice - D* IS now, in fact, ONLY installing HD boxes in ALL 72.5 &/or MPEG4 only markets, on new installs or upgrades, regardless if the sub is SD or HD:

As you can see, they also NOT installing any new R22's, even for SD DVR subs - ALL DVR's in the markets are all HD DVRs. They simply lock the boxes down to 480i for SD subs that aren't paying for HD access.

later in that thread he mentioned it shows "no HD access"
MPEG4 Equip for Standard Def _No HD Access Fee

Because your locals are in MPEG4 you need specific equipment to view them. This requires a HD receiver. Most cities are in MPEG2 which ANY receiver can view them

Since right now you have just SD equipment if you upgrade to get locals they will bring out a HD receiver and "lock" it so you can't get any HD programming other than the locals. They'll also set the resolution to 480 so the locals will fill the whole screen and not get the "postage stamp" type setup with black bars around the screen

Since you are getting JUST locals there would be no extra HD fee....just the fee for the locals which I think is like $3

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me Iceberg :)

I'll mention this to the DTV rep when they become available.

So I'm assuming I'll get all of those free with no upgrade cost(or contract extension). Hopefully.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me Iceberg :)

I'll mention this to the DTV rep when they become available.

So I'm assuming I'll get all of those free with no upgrade cost(or contract extension). Hopefully.

there should be no extension. Right now you do get a $3 discount for no locals so when you add them your bill will go up $3 a month ;)

there should be no extension. Right now you do get a $3 discount for no locals so when you add them your bill will go up $3 a month ;)

This is what I think the "other guys" were complaining about. Thinking they would be charged for "locals" and not recieve all of them.

btw since we do not have a CW feed. Do we get one included or do we need to pay $2.50 extra for a distant feed?

sundrop
In most cases they give you CW from Washington DC (channel 388) and usually remaps to 14. I know my market (Mankato, MN) should get it but due to a D* glitch I dont...but thats fine. I get more locals anyways.

The zip for Mankato straddles 3 counties...
one county gives you just Minneapolis locals
one gives you Minneapolis + The local CBS for Mankato KEYC (they only have one local in the market)
and the 3rd gives you KEYC, Minneapolis ABC, NBC, FOX, National PBS and CW Washington DC...this is supposedly what I should get but I get option 2 so my CW is the Minneapolis one...yet somehow I have national PBS

but to answer the question, since there is no CW in the market (or its cable only) yes you get CW DC (for Eastern & Central time zone)...maps to 14 in most cases

Iceberg. I was just told today that "I will automatically be send a new reciever" Does this mean, it will show up in the mail?

Oh and June 16th when they launch. Do I have to turn on the locals, or do they just start showing up with the $3 for locals appearing on the next bill?

Iceberg. I was just told today that "I will automatically be send a new reciever" Does this mean, it will show up in the mail?
fedex usually

Oh and June 16th when they launch. Do I have to turn on the locals, or do they just start showing up with the $3 for locals appearing on the next bill?

I really dont know. Technically they can't "add" programming to your account without your permission but if they are sending you a new receiver then they must know

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)