Locals are freezing up

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
The local channels on my HWS have been freezing up. I can check the guide and only the locals are frozen. Would this be a hard drive issue, a software issue or a spotbeam issue? The only way to fix is a red button reset. Software version is 503. It was doing this also before the update. Happens about every other day or 3 days. Any ideas?

I don't know about the Joey, I rarely use. I will check it the next time it happens. Has not happened again since I posted here.

Okay, it happened again. I checked the Joey and it was also effected. I went to Point dish and the channel immediately came back on the Joey. As soon as I canceled point dish the channel was back on the hopper. Is this strange or what? Any ideas from DIRT?

same exact issue here, except I cannot get to Point Dish on my Joey. 3 times tonight all PTAT channels go black, no sound or audio. All other channels work fine. Reset from red button fixes it (of course breaks my current non-PTAT recordings as well.) I did a Tech Chat on mydish and reported the issue, but they didn't have a clue.

same exact issue here, except I cannot get to Point Dish on my Joey. 3 times tonight all PTAT channels go black, no sound or audio. All other channels work fine. Reset from red button fixes it (of course breaks my current non-PTAT recordings as well.) I did a Tech Chat on mydish and reported the issue, but they didn't have a clue.
I've also recently experienced this on all of my sat locals, screen goes black on my hopper 2000 w/o PTAT enabled. Only fix is a reboot,

Reactions: yelraek
Had the same issue again tonight about 7:30 pm. Black screen on locals. Immediately went to point dish. No signal strength for about 15 seconds, then went to around 50. Cancelled out of settings and returned to live tv on locals. All locals returned. Been good the rest of the night

Had the same issue again tonight about 7:30 pm. Black screen on locals. Immediately went to point dish. No signal strength for about 15 seconds, then went to around 50. Cancelled out of settings and returned to live tv on locals. All locals returned. Been good the rest of the night

This is exactly what mine is doing except the channels came back immediately. My level is 41.

Same here. I hit the reset thru the hopper w sling menu and as soon as I did the channel came back on and then had to go thru the hopper starting up screen for a few times.

I've been having the same problem. I end up rebooting the HWS.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The local channels on my HWS have been freezing up. I can check the guide and only the locals are frozen. Would this be a hard drive issue, a software issue or a spotbeam issue? The only way to fix is a red button reset. Software version is 503. It was doing this also before the update. Happens about every other day or 3 days. Any ideas?

Had the same issue last night....only the locals that were being recorded through PTAT...other locals were OK. Tried to Point Dish on the Hopper but it wouldn't let me (PTAT in progress)..tired it on the Joey..wouldn't let me (Feature not available). It was too late to deal with it and everything was OK in the morning.

But I could get to those locals by going to the PTAT tuner and selecting the channel I wanted.

This is the first time I've been completely locked out...occasionally I'll see a fairly long delay when switching from DVR to a channel being recorded through PTAT.

Had the same issue last night....only the locals that were being recorded through PTAT...other locals were OK. Tried to Point Dish on the Hopper but it wouldn't let me (PTAT in progress)..tired it on the Joey..wouldn't let me (Feature not available). It was too late to deal with it and everything was OK in the morning.

But I could get to those locals by going to the PTAT tuner and selecting the channel I wanted.

This is the first time I've been completely locked out...occasionally I'll see a fairly long delay when switching from DVR to a channel being recorded through PTAT.

have had that problem for a long time..last night our locals froze up around 12:15 am and had to go to other channels to get them back up..????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts