Locals for Ottumwa/Kirksville

crowderk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Iowa
We have a Fox KYOU and Abc KTVO, any news as to what NBC and CBS will be part of the Ottumwa/Kirksville local package?

NBC will be ch 41 from Kansas City, it may be delayed a few days for judicial approval
its possible it will be in HD since its already uplinked in HD in the Kansas City pkg.
PBS will be sd National feed , As previously stated KTVO ABC & CBS, KYOU Fox will be in sd

Unless the locals in your market are in HD they will not import a HD feed. You will only get the SD feed

STELA does not allow them to import an HD feed from a neighboring market unless the locals in the market are also in HD. We have the same situation in St. Joe, MO. The 3 imports from KC are available in HD, but we only will get their SD feed. At least we will now get the guide information on the OTA.

so what was the difference between what you said and what I said? ;)
Just explaining to CU2000 the reason why Dish won't import an HD feed. I am sure Dish would like to give us the HD channels if they could, but they are not legally allowed to.

Recently returned to DISH & The Ottumwa/Kirksville Market now has a full set of The Big 4 with KYOU adding NBC on 15.2 -- (KYOU 15.1 FOX & 15.2 NBC) -- (KTVO 3.1 ABC & 3.2 CBS). Will HD feeds be available at some point?

8 year hiatus and thread returns wow... and with a relevant post.

I don't know why those are not in HD unless those locals don't pass it on to DISH in HD?

We have a Fox KYOU and Abc KTVO, any news as to what NBC and CBS will be part of the Ottumwa/Kirksville local package?
Get a powered antenna and you will get KYOU, KTVO and KTVO CBS and KYOU NBC plus Grit and Escape I have a simple RCA antenna that is powered so
you plug it in and turn it on and it works great. A co worker gave me mine but U can get one from on line or maybe Walmart. Keep receipt in case of problems. I get good HD pictures too.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Happy to see Ottumwa/Kirksville Market Go HD. I'm disappointed they're on 61.5. We along with others in the area are on the other Arc 110/119/129.

5250 KTVO (3 HD) KIRKSVILLE, MO (ABC) added to 61.5° 31s12 (Iowa) (SD MPEG4 Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO market Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited)
5251 KTOVD (33 HD) CORPUS CHRISTI, TX SV* added to 61.5° 31s12 (Iowa) (SD MPEG4 Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO market Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited)
5252 KYOU2 (41 HD) OTTUMWA, IA (FOX) added to 61.5° 31s12 (Iowa) (SD MPEG4 Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO market Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited)
5253 KYOU (15 HD) OTTUMWA, IA (FOX) added to 61.5° 31s12 (Iowa) (SD MPEG4 Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO market Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited)

That "AVAILABLE (Limited)" at the end basically means that those channels are still in testing, and not actually available to regular subscribers. Keep watching the uplink reports for that to change to "AVAILABLE" (without anything after the "AVAILABLE") and then you will qualify for a free dish re-point to receive those channels.

Reactions: Tampa8
That "AVAILABLE (Limited)" at the end basically means that those channels are still in testing, and not actually available to regular subscribers. Keep watching the uplink reports for that to change to "AVAILABLE" (without anything after the "AVAILABLE") and then you will qualify for a free dish re-point to receive those channels.

Thanks for Information. Is it possible those would be uplinked to the Western Arc as well or is it more likely we'll need to have the repoint after they go live in HD on the Eastern Arc?

I can almost guarantee you will need the re-point. There are only a few, relatively larger markets, with HD locals on both arcs.

Thanks! I've never been on the Eastern Arc. Is there much of a difference experience wise between EA/WA in Iowa?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)