Locals Have arrived in my area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I received a letter from D* yesterday, stating that I can get my Local Channels (Panama City Fl.).. But I like the East/West feeds of CBS,FOX & PBS so How long before they stop my channels If I don't call them about getting my Locals?

They should stop when the locals go live on Wed. (I believe). You should get the locals automatically instead (7, 13, 28, 4, etc.). NBC, ABC, FOX, PBS, CW & BeachTV from Panama City. CBS from Dothan, Al. BTW CBS and NBC are owned by the same company and share the DMAs.

Don't blame D* for the loss of Distants (NY/LA). It's ruled by the gov't.

yep those distants were just a stopgap for a little bit while Directv got your locals ready to go.
IN those cases the local affiliate had an agreement with D* to give a blanket waiver for those until locals were added then they (distants) had to be pulled.

FYI, I still have the DNS channels and my locals went live last year. But, then I'm grandfathered in with the DNS.
That may by the difference.

jd
yes that is different. IN some of the cases above (like the OP has) Directv obtained blanket waivers from the networks in the market (or approved if none in the market) and can provide the distants to subs until their locals are launched. Once they are launched then they have to sub to locals

You have waivers just for you which are different

wtvy here in dothan is the cbs local in panama city fl.i wonder if wjhg will be our nbc in dothan.that the way e is handle this.i call wjhg and their general manager is checking on this.oue local nbc is out of new york .d should take the new york off and wjhg channel 7 should be our local nbc.

Larry
Here is something that doesnt make sense
Usually when you get an imported station its the same channel number unless that number is taken

PC CBS shows as 4 WTVY but checking Dothan zip it shows NBC as 12. The closest NBC on 12 is not Panama City rather Montgomery. Right now you get the NBC from NY. That really makes no sense as they normally would "hold" 7 in your guide for NBC. I figured once PC locals were launched you'd get NBC from Panama City

I have a monster antenna 20 feet above my house soI get a bunch of different channels. NBC is 7 in PC, CBS is 4 in Dothan, Al., 13 is ABC in PC, PBS is 51 in Marianna fl. FOX is 28 in PC all by Antenna
I'll have to get a 4th HR 20 700 box so I don't miss any recordings. I been getting, CBS, FOX, PBS . East & West feeds for 10 years and non HD feeds, so it was great having the option of recording shows from the west when I had to many to record at EST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts