Locals in HD in Tucson?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tdenton1138

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Tucson, AZ
This is weird. I noticed last night that channel 4 (local NBC) seemed to be in HD. I switched over to 4-1 (OTA HD) and it was the same HD signal.

I thought maybe some CE software update may have consolidated 4-1 to 4 so today I unplugged my OTA antenna - killing 4-1 and switched back to 4. It is still in HD, thus proving (?) that Tucson is already receiving local HDs via D*.

I thought this was to come, not here already... I'm happy, but somewhat confused.

Tad

edit: I've only been able to confirm NBC as being in HD as its the only channel broadcasting an HD signal at the moment.

Wow, I totally missed that. I did just check on D*s site and it lists Tucson as having locals in HD. Haha, guess I can take down my OTA and recommend to my friend who can't get digital OTAs that D* is ready for him. Yea!

You will only get channels 4, 9, 11 and 13 via Directv. they will show up in the guide by the call letters, rather than TU4, etc., so you may need to edit any custom lists you have. You will need the OTA antenna to get any others. When I lived in Tucson, OTA reception was quite poor for some of the channels (I was in the foothills and didn't have a clear view of Mt. Bigelow) and am glad to see that Directv is now carrying these channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)