Locals in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tjbay

Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Does anyone know when the next locals will be rolled out? I am waiting for the Scranton/Wilkes-Bare, PA locals in particular (i live in Williamsport, PA). I heard a while ago that possibly by the end of the year, but have not heard anything in a long time. I currently have my account on hold because i moved from the Philadelphia area, but i am going to reactivate in time for the Sunday Ticket and i would like to be able to get my locals in HD. Any insight would be great. Thanks...

I wish that I had more to report on this - but, I did speak with my inside contact late last week, and they sill have not put any more DMAs on the schedule - he did say they continue to negotiate carriage agreements, and that once they renew their roll-outs they will be very agressive.

If/when I hear any more I will post.

Does anyone know when the next locals will be rolled out? I am waiting for the Scranton/Wilkes-Bare, PA locals in particular (i live in Williamsport, PA).

It seems that D-10 may be used for additional LiL HD markets. D10 is due to be on line in September.

Yet a local receive facility is needed to send the signal back to DirecTV. DirecTV often uses Level 3 and/or the local Fox affiliate. If you can find an insider at either WOLF or Level 3 you may be able to gain some insight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)