Locals in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tjbay

Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Does anyone know when the next locals will be rolled out? I am waiting for the Scranton/Wilkes-Bare, PA locals in particular (i live in Williamsport, PA). I heard a while ago that possibly by the end of the year, but have not heard anything in a long time. I currently have my account on hold because i moved from the Philadelphia area, but i am going to reactivate in time for the Sunday Ticket and i would like to be able to get my locals in HD. Any insight would be great. Thanks...

I wish that I had more to report on this - but, I did speak with my inside contact late last week, and they sill have not put any more DMAs on the schedule - he did say they continue to negotiate carriage agreements, and that once they renew their roll-outs they will be very agressive.

If/when I hear any more I will post.

Does anyone know when the next locals will be rolled out? I am waiting for the Scranton/Wilkes-Bare, PA locals in particular (i live in Williamsport, PA).

It seems that D-10 may be used for additional LiL HD markets. D10 is due to be on line in September.

Yet a local receive facility is needed to send the signal back to DirecTV. DirecTV often uses Level 3 and/or the local Fox affiliate. If you can find an insider at either WOLF or Level 3 you may be able to gain some insight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)