Locals in Monroe, Louisiana DMA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
Is there any new information concerning the locals being offered in the Monroe, Louisiana DMA with DTV? Centurylink which now bundles with DTV CSR's told me before the of this month but....

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any "activity" or a FYI showing the locals are on the way this August 2010.

Monroe Louisiana zip code is 71203.

Thanks in advance

LOL I just posted something about this. I'm in 71203 as well (Swartz actually). All we get are 10 (KTVE NBC), 12 (KETZ PBS), 13 (KLTM PBS), 14 (KARD FOX), 39 (KMCT Religous). Hoak Media didn't agree to offer HD locals, so for now we're not getting CBS or ABC.

LOL I just posted something about this. I'm in 71203 as well (Swartz actually). All we get are 10 (KTVE NBC), 12 (KETZ PBS), 13 (KLTM PBS), 14 (KARD FOX), 39 (KMCT Religous). Hoak Media didn't agree to offer HD locals, so for now we're not getting CBS or ABC.

That's very odd, because the fiber for DTV is AT the CBS/ABC studio. In fact, they are direct feeds as opposed to off air pick-ups. I wonder what's up with that... Dish has them, so it can't be too unreasonable.

EDIT: What I am saying is that the Directv reception facility for this ENTIRE DMA is located at that studio. So it is in the HOAK building, with off air reception antenna on the HOAK tower, so I find it extremely odd that they are not on. I shall investigate further and post any further information...

Last edited:
As I said in my other post, my mom called DirecTV to complain about the two channels missing and the CSR said "they didn't sign an agreement". I haven't called Hoak yet, but here's their contact info for anybody else that's effected by this:

Hoak Media Corporation
500 Crescent Court, Suite 220
Dallas, Texas 75201
Phone: 972-960-4848
Fax: 972-960-4899

Hah, well I just got a little bit more of the story (or less of it actually). Apparently my dad's the one who called DirecTV and my mom added some extra info. Whoops. I still don't know why Hoak's channels aren't on DirecTV though. I hadn't heard anything about them negotiating a deal or whatever.

Legal Reasons

DTV CSR says it is noted that the 2 channels are not on due to "leagal reasons". I take this to mean MONEY.

My install with DTV is Sept. 17. They better crap or get off the pot and fix this. Dish now has all these same local in HD. Dish came to my house and put me on the eastern arc FREE of charge this week in a attempt to keep me.

I still want DTV due to great pricing because of bundling with a local telephone company Centurylink.

PLEASE DTV;; GIVE ME ALL MY DAMN LOCALS! :rant::rant::rant::rant:

It's definitely money. Unfortunately, we are going to see more and more of this as local contracts come up for renewal. They want more money each time. It's a stark change from a decade ago, when locals were begging and giving the signal away... Now it is a revenue source to compensate for sales (or lack thereof).

Guess I'll be calling DirecTV tonight to ask if they'll please pay the ransom demands. :(

I suspect it may have something to do with carriage of the CW on KNOE-2. DirecTV has that channel up in test along with KNOE and KACY. Just a hunch.

Talked with GM KNOE

The GM of KNOE says DTV does not want to honor the contract they signed in March. DTV is wanting to charge more and carry only 2 of the 3 networks that generate from KNOE.

It will be a deal breaker for me. DTV is trying to get out of there original contract of broadcasting all 3 networks and putting the CW 8.2 UP and leaving CBS Channel 8.1 and ABC KAQY Channel 11.1. Both are HD. ALSO DISH NETWORK HAS ALL THE LOCALS OUT OF THE MONROE DMA IN HD ON THE EASTERN ARC.

Monroe is a small DMA. I believe it is 135. The ONLY THING I WATCH ON THE CW 8.2 IS High School Football and some SEC games.

Sucks big time; My install is Sept. 17 but not having these locals will cause a cancellation. I WANT ALL MY LOCAL DTV NOT PART OF THEM! :p

I don't think they should have to carry 8-2. I wonder if that is what Hoak is trying to make them do.

However, in this area, they hold the cards, because 8 & 11 are the most viewed stations in town.

I would definitely cancel the install until this is resolved.

I don't think they should have to carry 8-2. I wonder if that is what Hoak is trying to make them do.

However, in this area, they hold the cards, because 8 & 11 are the most viewed stations in town.

I would definitely cancel the install until this is resolved.

8.2 during football season is big in this area also. The SEC broadcast on the CW and every Fri. night there is a Local High School Football game that is broadcast.

DTV is crawfishing because of bandwith and the size of Monroe DMA even though all the equipment is in place and contracts signed. Sucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts