Locals in SW Georgia

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tackman

Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I've looking at jumping into Directv but had a question that maybe you folks could help me out with. I've just moved to SW Georgia (Albany) and when I punch the zip code here into the Directv site to check for locals, it tells me there are none available. But, when I looked at the spotbeam maps, it looks like we are inside the spot for Tallahassee.

Would Directv let me have the Tallahassee locals since I am inside the spotbeam, or am I just out of local luck? I've read some of the posts about "moving". So would this be what I would have to do? And would I get signed up and then "move" or do it at registration?

Thanks for any input you can give,
Chris

Local Channels are available for Albany, they just had there local launch a few months ago, unsure of what channels you would receive, but they do have locals and they are a 72.5 market.......That means you'll have 2 dishes that need to be set up......one for regular programming on the 101, and one for the 72.5

Are you sure they offer locals in Albany, GA? I know Dish has the locals, but Albany is not mentioned anywhere on the Directv website.

Thanks

It's 2005, I thought locals were available Everywhere..............

New legislation has changed the eligibility rules for DNS (Distant Network Service). We are currently updating our online search tool and are temporarily unable to evaluate whether you are eligible for DNS service. Please note that DNS can no longer be offered in any market where we offer Local into Local network programming. We're sorry for any inconvenience — please check back in early 2005 to determine your DNS eligibility.

What do they consider "Early" 2005, My God it's July!
Looks like D* is behind on everything

Tackman said:
Are you sure they offer locals in Albany, GA? I know Dish has the locals, but Albany is not mentioned anywhere on the Directv website.

Thanks

If you go with Dish you wouldn't have to have 2 dishes if thats the case. If you went Dish you would get a SuperDish 105 for your market.

Sorry but I'm not sure if D* offers your market. Over here next to you in AL we have 2 markets back to back spanning 70 miles over into MS and into parts of GA that D* does NOT cover and E* does. So E* is kickin some butt over here. I've replaced so many D* systems in that last 8 months it ain't funny. If D* is a must then i would give them a call and find out exactly what they can offer you. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Tackman said:

As a DirecTV subscriber in the Albany, GA market, I can assure everybody that DirecTV does NOT offer LIL for Albany.

Dish Network does offer LIL for Albany, and it is a SuperDISH market... BUT Dish Network can only offer you WALB (NBC), WFXL (FOX), and WGPT (PBS). Depending on where you live, you may be eligible for WSB (ABC) out of Atlanta, but you WILL NOT be able to receive CBS at ALL!!!

You are correct in that the spot-beam for both the Tallahassee, FL market, does reach here, as well as the Savannah market, and I can receive a signal of 100 on the spot-beam that serves Atlanta. Look into threads about "moving"...

~Alan

Your correct, they put off the Albany launch, Macon got the local channels at the first of this year....and it is a 72.5 dish, 2 dish solution........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rumor - Free Hd Equipment From Direct?

Center Ice package

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)