Locals not showing on all receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tjdjr

Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
Does anyone know why local channels would only show on two out of my four receivers? When I tune to those channels on the other two receivers I get a message that they are unavailable in this area.

well I don't really want to call them because I 'moved' to get the locals and right now 2 receivers getting locals beats none. I was wondering if there was something I could do myself.

You could also try a hard reset by unplugging the units, and then plugging them back in. Otherwise, give D* a call, and when it asks for the extension # to call to, try 721, which may fix your problem (this is the automated system) Otherwise, you'll have to talk to a live person.

You might also try checking that the receiver is properly set for the dish type. Once, after a reset, one of mine got set to "round" dish and therefore it didn't recognize the 119 satellite where my locals are.

tjdjr said:
well I don't really want to call them because I 'moved' to get the locals and right now 2 receivers getting locals beats none. I was wondering if there was something I could do myself.

I don't know what you're so worried about - I've been moved for over 4 years & have called many times for rehits, changes & never had problems yet.

As long as you tell them the correct physical address that is on your account if the CSR ask's you, (which they do sometimes) then you should not have any problems asking for a rehit... ;) :yes

try autodetect

I just returned from a camping trip in which I reset the zip codes in my receiver to get the dish setting data. When I returned, that receiver wouldn't get the locals (that I receive on a second dish) while the other two receivers I left at the house continued to receive the locals.

I called Directtv customer assistance and found the solution. For some reason, the receiver wasn't recognizing the second dish with the locals. Don't use the set up setting where you select the type of dish/lnbs. We used autodetect. It took two tries before working. :)

-- Dave

dragontat002 said:
are all the receivers the same model? if they are, then the two that aren't getting locals may not have the correct software to get locals

You need a rehit. Unpluging them wont help, resetting your zip code wont help, anything you do wont help. You have to call D* and get a rehit. That is the only thing that will correct the problem.

reset, resend, and then it depends where your locals are coming form in the sky, how many lnb's do you? have one two or three many older rcvrs are not compatible with the 119 lnb and 72.5 dish if not and you have not had a local upgrade you may be eligible to get replacement ie new rcvrs. also rerunning the auto configure for 72.5 dishes ie meaning you have two dishes one specifically for your locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts