Locals Not Working / "Dish Pointing Mismatch" Message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JungleJim

Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
I have used a Hughes SD-HBH standard receiver with no problems since Summer 2004. I recently decided to upgrade to a Hughes HAH-SA, which is from the same family as the SD-HBH but adds a 14-day program guide and Dolby Digital optical output. I bought it used from a reputable online seller.

A Directv tech moved my subscription and access card over to the upgrade receiver, and all seemed well. After I hung up, however, I noticed that local stations were not working. I had "For ordering information please call extension 721..." message. Called D* back and different tech worked with me for 45 minutes but was unable to get locals to come in. We did two or three resets, he deactivated and reactivated the card, cancelled the subscription and reentered it, but nothing worked. He finally said that he had exhausted his options, and that it may be an issue with the receiver.

We switched the subscription back over to the original receiver, and locals were back!

Since then, I have looked at the settings for both receivers, trying to see if anything was different. Both receivers are receiving signals from the same satellites and transponders, except the original receiver is receiving a signal from transponder 26 on satellites 101 and 119, but the replacement is not.

Another difference I see is that the original receiver has Switch Type: Simple while the replacement has Switch Type: None. Also, when I check the signals on individual transponders on the replacement receiver, I get the following message when I check 110 and 119:

Dish Pointing Mismatch!
Satellite Found: 101 degrees

I have checked channels 490-494. The original receiver checks out okay on those channels. The replacement receiver does not, however. It checks out on 490-491, but for 492-494 it says "Channel Not Available".

Is this a dish pointing issue? If so, why would the dish be pointed correctly for one receiver and not another of the same brand and generation?

I would certainly appreciate any help!

Do you have either the oval dish &/or a 2nd 18" dish?
You need to go into the setup menu & do one of two things:

If you have just an oval dish, you need to change it to "oval dish 3".
If you have a 2nd 18" dish for locals, you MUST run autoconfig, which will allow the receiver to find the 2nd dish.

This will probably solve your problem - I have this same receiver that I use primarly for music, but I also luv this receiver for "scanning the guide", as it is VERY quick & easy to manuver in.

I have just one dish, which is a 3-LNB oval. That setting was correct on both receivers. But, I picked up on one thing you said, and that was the part about running Autoconfig. I did that, and the replacement receiver went from Switch Type: None to Switch Type: Simple. Once that was done, channels 490-494 all checked out! I just called Directv back and the replacement receiver is up and going, locals and all!

Thanks for the reply, dishrich!

JungleJim said:
deactivated and reactivated the card, cancelled the subscription and reentered it, but nothing worked. !
---------------------
Keep an eye on your bill....I had trouble with my dish b/c of hurricane Wilma....
After they deactivated/activated the subscription, I found that they had added
a 2 year commitment back in because of my H/D DVR and other stuff. It took
several weeks to get this off my account, even tho they admitted the charge was
not justified....just so you know....:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts