Locals Pixelated

pjsjeep

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
Tuscaloosa AL
Starting yesterday all my locals are pixelated. Very annoying trying to watch a game. All other channels are fine. I am on the EA. Any ideas ?

All above is correct. It just started this weekend. Locals are on 61.5. NBC is terrible right now. I hate calling dish. But will tomorrow.

Guessing your locals come from Birmingham, AL? If so, are you on a Hopper or ViP system? If Hopper, go to one of the problematic channels and open diagnostics and check the signal for that specific channel (Home x3 > Dish [Option 3]). Once there you should see satellite 61.5 spotbeam/transponder 26, and its respective signal strength, if its different then change the values to match. For ViP, the process is going to a channel then (Menu > 6 > 1 > 1) and check for the same thing.

I'm seeing the same thing but on Discovery, A&E, Smithsonian and History channels. It just started about 2 weeks ago. Signal Strength is 60 with a little change from 57 to 61. When the pixilation is occurring the signal strength the signal strength is steady.

I'm seeing the same thing but on Discovery, A&E, Smithsonian and History channels. It just started about 2 weeks ago. Signal Strength is 60 with a little change from 57 to 61. When the pixilation is occurring the signal strength the signal strength is steady.
I was at a Trouble Call last night where upper channels like 258, et al were pixelating badly and had been for some time.
The installing tech was replacing DTV and the cable ran from the dish into and through the basement, out the other side of the house to a ground block that was grounded, then back into the basement and right there was the Solo Hub.

I gut the cable at the ground block and pulled it into the basement and connected it to the hub and that fixed it.

If you are one of the people with original cabling from DTV, that could be something to look at

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)