Locals Spot Beam Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
I currently have E* but I have had it with their dormant attitude with HD unless it's a huge event (TBS HD gets launched on Day 1 of the MLB Playoffs, just in time). Plus their inability to add HD Locals in a timely fashion ( I don't think they've added any in the last year.) So I may be jumping ship to D*, but I have a question.

Are there any locals besides NYC and LA that are not on a spotbeam transmitter? Dish has a bunch not on a spotbeam transmitter like 129 and 61.5. The reason I ask is because I am a loyal "mover" because I feel "Why pay for local channels I can pull on antenna already" and I know I can pull every Florida city except Panhandle stations but could other big cities like Atlanta or Philly be pulled so that I can see different network sports than Orlando does.

I currently have E* but I have had it with their dormant attitude with HD unless it's a huge event (TBS HD gets launched on Day 1 of the MLB Playoffs, just in time). Plus their inability to add HD Locals in a timely fashion ( I don't think they've added any in the last year.) So I may be jumping ship to D*, but I have a question.

Are there any locals besides NYC and LA that are not on a spotbeam transmitter? Dish has a bunch not on a spotbeam transmitter like 129 and 61.5. The reason I ask is because I am a loyal "mover" because I feel "Why pay for local channels I can pull on antenna already" and I know I can pull every Florida city except Panhandle stations but could other big cities like Atlanta or Philly be pulled so that I can see different network sports than Orlando does.

Nope, only the NY and LA are national feeds. Everything else is spotbeam.

Are there any locals besides NYC and LA that are not on a spotbeam transmitter?

There are NO other locals on CONUS beams - but you DO realize that pretty much all spotbeams "spill" outside their actual physical markets. ;)
In my example, both the Chicago & St.Louis spots spill out quite well over my market, which is actually two markets south of Chicago. ;) However, I can't tell you about other markets outside of these 2. (although I'm pretty sure Indy spills over to us, too - but it's not really of interest in our area) Unfortunately, I highly doubt Atlanta is going to spill over THAT much toward you direction...

You'll have to do some investigating for your local area - maybe you might want to consider Miami... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.