Locals Spotbeams

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jw2016

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Upper Midwest
Last nights I was board so I thought of checking signal levels on my DirecTV setup. When testing 99(S) the correct transponder for my locals topped out at 100% as it should. I ran a signal test on 103(S) and wanted to see what various spot beams signals I was receiving with some transponders from low 80's to 15%. I am trying to use the SatMaps site to see, but cannot install the Google Earth plug-in for some reason. I thought a while ago there was an Excel worksheet that listed what locals were coming from where. I was curious what other locals spotbeams I was receiving. If anyone knows where this document is that would be great.

It was 2:00am and I could not sleep so I thought what the heck. All other satellite signals were perfect. Sorry if this was already posted somewhere. Probably could used my sleepless night doing something else, but we have had of couple of nasty t-storms with high winds and wanted to make sure my dish had moved in anyway. This site rocks!!

Thanks!. That helped allot, forgot is takes forever to run signal strength on the spotbeam birds and transponders. It's like watching paint dry. The only one not listed is 103W transponder 2 with a signal strength of 69. This is in the Minneapolis area. It must be a new LIL added after the Excel worksheet was made.

Thanks!. That helped allot, forgot is takes forever to run signal strength on the spotbeam birds and transponders. It's like watching paint dry. The only one not listed is 103W transponder 2 with a signal strength of 69. This is in the Minneapolis area. It must be a new LIL added after the Excel worksheet was made.
Remember, it is normal to have low SS on a spot beam Sat .... most are not pointed at your location.

Remember, it is normal to have low SS on a spot beam Sat .... most are not pointed at your location.

I realize that. I was just curious what beam it is for a LIL market. Obviously it's a spot not designated for my area but it's interesting to know who it is.

I realize that. I was just curious what beam it is for a LIL market. Obviously it's a spot not designated for my area but it's interesting to know who it is.
Seeing they are using Spots, remember the same one can be used to cover various locations, so if ya really want to know, look at all the cities listed.

Yeah it's a mystery. I live in between two spots and even though one is supposed to be higher in RSSI, because they are on the same transponders and they cancel each out. At least it's easier to figure out Dish's rather then DirecTV's spotbeams. The two spotbeams that serve those cities are a long way apart so transponder reuse is possible.

Yeah it's a mystery. I live in between two spots and even though one is supposed to be higher in RSSI, because they are on the same transponders and they cancel each out. At least it's easier to figure out Dish's rather then DirecTV's spotbeams. The two spotbeams that serve those cities are a long way apart so transponder reuse is possible.
This should not happen, the spots are deliberately separated so there is no overlap at any one frequency.. Which DMAs are those?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)