Locals with NHL Center Ice and Encore?

VeronicaF

Aug 17, 2010
Northeastern US
Hello. I hope I'm not asking something stupid but know I don't have a lot of knowledge about Dish Network and what they allow. We own all of our own equipment - the dish and a DVR receiver that operates two rooms.

The only thing we have been watching recently is our local networks, the $5 Encore movie channels and the NHL Network (we have Center Ice). It has been that way for a while. From what I have read it sounds like we would lose our local team without the regional channel but since we watch another team anyways I'm not worried about that.

We have the FOX and CBS networks from New York and San Francisco for more NFL and the ABC from San Francisco for college football but I have been told that is a totally seperate offering from Dish Network.

With owning our own equipment I'm wondering if we can subscribe to our locals and the Encore movies and then pay the NHL package when it comes due each fall?

Veronica

yes you can. I think locals only are 9.99 and then you can add Encore package

The last I checked that is correct.

I'm now on the AT100+ after a CSR messed up my account from the Welcome Package after I ordered a PPV.

Anyways, at one time I only had the locals before DISH offered me the Welcome Pack for a few bucks more. I had the locals ($9.99), Showtime ($12.99) and NHL Center Ice and would also get ESPN Gameplan after I looked over the schedule (looking for some Pac-10 games). I also had to pay the DVR fee.

I wound up dropping Showtime for Encore (particularly Encore Mysteries - love Hellraiser, The Good Son, etc).

I may go back that route. I get ESPN3 and MLB online.

Also, I think the other networks with AAD are just a few bucks more. You might wish to add all 8. The ABC from the East Coast may be showing a different game from your area on the College Football Nights and the NBC from San Francisco sometimes shows some MLB Giants games (if you are interested).

Depending on the CSR you get it should be no problem. If you get one that can't / won't / or says it can't be done just call back and speak to another one until you are successful.

Cade

Can you get the locals only package in HD? All I really want is the NHL Center Ice package in HD, but the HD part is of very important significance. As of right now, I thought the only way I could get the HD for the cheapest was with a $29.99 package. Let me know. I have to sign up before the season.

Thanks,
Jason

Can you get the locals only package in HD? All I really want is the NHL Center Ice package in HD, but the HD part is of very important significance. As of right now, I thought the only way I could get the HD for the cheapest was with a $29.99 package. Let me know. I have to sign up before the season.

Thanks,
Jason
I have the locals only for $9.99 a month in HD as well as some other free channels including the NHL channel which is also in HD. I think I have the NHLchannel because last year I had the NHL package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)