Lock and Hide VOD Channel 1

i say, leave the parenting to the parents and stop relying on tech to do it for you. If I even thought of doing stuff like ordering movies or whatever, I would start getting psycosomatic bruises. But that's just one mans thoughts on the subject.

I have the same problem and fixed it by creating 'favorite' guide list. I call it 'Normal' and it includes all the channels we normally watch. I don't include and of the VOD channels.

When we press the Guide button, it's on the 'Normal' favorite list. Repeated pressing of the Guide button can cycle thru 'All Channels', 'All Sub', 'HD Only', or 'Normal'. Granted, if my youngest son keeps pressing the guide button eventually he'll hit All Sub or All Channel, but I told him this setting contains all the channels he watches, so just keep it there (or don't tell him how to cycle thru the favorites).

Even when E* updates their movies I don't see VOD channels in my favorite list. Problem solved.

Creating a favorites list will NOT keep someone from pushing 1 and ending up on a VOD. They need to be locked and hidden.

Hide channel # 1 and report back in a week or so. When Dish changes the movies available on channel # 1, it (they) will be un-hidden.

Hey you are right. I just checked and I know see channel 1 in the list again. It is a software bug or IS IT by design?

It is a software bug or IS IT by design?
Who knows.... Supposedly it was going to be changed, i.e. "fixed" so that if the user locks the channel, it stays locked, in a future s/w update. Apparently it doesn't behave this way on other receivers, so I'd say it's a bug.

Creating a favorites list will NOT keep someone from pushing 1 and ending up on a VOD. They need to be locked and hidden.

That is correct, but if they can't see the channel they can't order it.

I should've mentioned that I also keep the VOD and PPV channels locked. So with the combination of locking the channels and hiding them with a Favorite list, I don't have the problem the OP has.

That is correct, but if they can't see the channel they can't order it.

You don't need to see it to hit 1 and then have it switch to 1 (VOD) before the rest of the desired channel number gets entered. It happens to my mother, she's never learned to punch the remote buttons quick enough. Then I get the call "how do I get out of this?"
The ONLY solution is to have channel 1 locked out and hidden.:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts