Status
Please reply by conversation.

nvguy38

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Howdy,

I'm curious as I read some of the threads that talk about increases next year. I just signed up under a 'locked in' rate for 24 months. This would be absent any of the multitude of rebates and discounts I'm receiving as part of my commitment. I fully realize the T&C's of the contract says DTV can change programming & pricing at any time. However, they also state your rate is locked in for the 24 months. I guess it boils down to what DTV uses to define your 'rate'. Is it just the programming where they can adjust the fees on your receiver leases or DVR fees, etc.?

Just curious as I'd fully expect prices to change annually due to various reasons but I'd hope not as frequent or as much as my previous cable provider. Should I come to expect that DTV will always speak with a forked tongue? :)

Peace!

You should be fine, but watch out for Big, he may show up anytime soon and rant on about how bad DirecTV is.

Anyway, you're fine, and enjoy DTV.

As long as your rate is locked in you won't see an increase. Like any service, DirecTV does raise rates now and then, but it's just once a year. Our local cable company has gotten into the habit of raising rates twice a year.

You should be fine, but watch out for Big, he may show up anytime soon and rant on about how bad DirecTV is.

Anyway, you're fine, and enjoy DTV.

He is banned again. I don't know if it's permanent or not.

OP,
You'll be fine and locked in for the duration of your quote.
D* raises the price once a year, 99% of the time it's in March.

Mark,

I have DirecTV, but our local cable company has raised their rates 5 times this year, although not all were programing increases, some were equipment rental charge changes, and two were Broadband increases.

John

He is banned again. I don't know if it's permanent or not.

it was permanent this time. He had been banned twice before for a weekend and a couple weeks for the same thing (constant trolling and posting the same stuff over and over). 3rd strike...you get the hammer

it was permanent this time. He had been banned twice before for a weekend and a couple weeks for the same thing (constant trolling and posting the same stuff over and over). 3rd strike...you get the hammer

:) :)

Well then, buh bye Big!

:clap About time. Does this site have ISP-Trace capability? That guy's the type that will be back otherwise.

Mark,

I have DirecTV, but our local cable company has raised their rates 5 times this year, although not all were programing increases, some were equipment rental charge changes, and two were Broadband increases.

John

YIKES! And I thought our system was bad. Glad I'm with DirecTV. We get our phone and internet through the cable company, but they hold those prices pretty steady because there's so much competition in this area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)