Login problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

armadillo_115

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Virginia
Unable to login since yesterday morning.(I think) Using Linux and Windows.Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Only solution I have found is to put a tic in "Stay Logged in". Never had to do that before.

Odd thing is...it was showing me as logged in on the "Help" page,but not elsewhere.

I've been having the same problem all day today. Tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari on my iPad and iMac. I tried logging in just now via my iPad but not through my WIFI but on cellular and got a weird error about a Sucuri Website Firewall - Cloud Proxy - Access Denied.

e6969c88711a5427d5091ea8dbf9da10.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I bet it's the F*@@$& ads on the Logon Page. I've had Ads on the logon page grab the session and redirect it to the Ad page before I could type in my username and password.

Unable to login since yesterday morning.(I think) Using Linux and Windows.Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Only solution I have found is to put a tic in "Stay Logged in". Never had to do that before.

Odd thing is...it was showing me as logged in on the "Help" page,but not elsewhere.

From the Help page try logging out. Hopefully that clears the stuck cookie.

As far as the firewall error goes (different issue) it is detecting some kind of bot trying to access the site from your computer. If it does not go away after a few minutes let me know again with a copy of the error message so I can contact the Firewall company for them to diagnose.

Exactly the same behavior as OP descibes. Normal function requires checking of "stay logged in" box. Have cleared caches etc. Logged in and out

from various parts of site.

From the Help page try logging out. Hopefully that clears the stuck cookie.

Deleting cookies didn't work...plus I tried on the Windows partition,which hasn't logged in here in ages.Logging out from the help page just now didn't work either.
Oh well..as long as there's a workaround and everyone knows it.;)

OMG...I broke the internet. :nana

P. S. Exactly what is the stay logged on feature supposed to do?
It keeps the site from randomly(seems that way anyway)logging you out.Also if you check stay logged in you can leave,shut off the computer and come back the next day and you're still logged in.
I always check the stay box when I log in,but I log out when I leave.

It keeps the site from randomly(seems that way anyway)logging you out.Also if you check stay logged in you can leave,shut off the computer and come back the next day and you're still logged in.
I always check the stay box when I log in,but I log out when I leave.

I don't mind clicking the stay logged in box, but it does indicate something has changed...

Well turns out that it appears the issue was cookies handed out on February 29th (Leap day) and some browsers not understanding them after February 29th.

The recommendation I have received was for both users having issues to clear both the SatelliteGuys cookies and their browser cache. In addition it was recommended that SatelliteGuys clear all of our caches as well, including the cache on our firewall and cloud servers, just in case anything from February 29th is in cache at those locations which could confuse certain PC's or browsers.

I am working on clearing all of the caches now on our side. :)

I had the same issue yesterday at the school. I would log in but as soon I hit OK to log me in it would go back to the non logged in front page. One time it did let me log in to see the front forum page, but any topic I clicked on it booted me out.

Was on multiple browsers (IE, FF, Chrome). I thought maybe the school blocked me from doing it on the one login we use (which is for the timeclock but we use that login for the internet so they dont see what web pages are attached to our computer login) but not my own so I tired that too.

But I could get on my phone because I'm always logged in there ;)

The computers at work clear cache and cookies when you exit out of the browser :)

Well turns out that it appears the issue was cookies handed out on February 29th (Leap day) and some browsers not understanding them after February 29th.
When I hear about stuff like this it makes me wonder "who writes this stuff"? It's not like Leap Years are some new invention that programers have never dealt with before. Most OSes have a means for determining if one date is greater than another date or for calculating the number of days between two dates. The programmer shouldn't have to write their own Date routines or you end up with stuff like this.

Here's as good a write-up as any I've seen on Leap Years: https://www.wwu.edu/skywise/leapyear.html

Hmmm, looking at the SatGuys Support Forum threads, I wonder if this is the underlying issue with all the connectivity problems people have been seeing?

I'm not sure how to apply the workaround. I'm having what may be related to this thread's issue but it may be a specific issue and not the same problem as discussed in this thread.

Here's a thread about my issue:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/intermittent-browser-errors-with-sattguys.358602/

I read this thread but am not understanding the "Help" screen logout. I don't see a Logout option on my Help screen. I've tried using the Logout option at the top of the screen:

2rfrj8o.jpg

I logged out and back in and tried both options with the "Stay logged in" (I tried checking and unchecking the box).

I'm still having the intermittent issue as I described in the thread link included above.

The pattern is fairly consistent. When I encounter the browser error screen "can't access the site....", etc, I'll wait about 15 minutes and then I can access the site again.

However, once I do 3 page refreshes or read 3 threads, or backspace to the previous site page, the browser error issue returns. Then I wait another 15 minutes and it works, etc.

Is this the "Help" screen that's referenced in this thread?

se4lu9.jpg

The work-around referred to is to click the stay logged in box along with user name and password.

Part of Scott's fix reccommended we clear our cache in our browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts