Logos in the new guide!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree that I think the logos should be included in the guide--I think it looks nicer, and they have the space.

The screenshot of the old receiver posted is a Hughes box--which still is my favorite guide of all the DirecTV boxes I've owned (Tivo aside). Even with the logos, that box was *screaming* fast--so I don't think the logos should slow it down too much.

--Nat

Ditto! If I wanted them futzing with the EPG; added 1/2 or full hour would be better than logos. At least added time serves some purpose.

Agreed,
While I don't want more than 2 hours on the guide, it would be better than doing "Cosmetic" things to the guide.

Personally the logos don't do much for me.

I would like to see them clean up the channel names though.
Drop the HD, most users hide the SD ones if they have HD. If that isn't the default by now, it should be set to be the default. CNN instead of CNNHD.

Stop using 3 letter abbreviations where 4-7 letters make sense.

Channels like WGN or AMC are fine. TNNSHD becomes TENNIS, COMHD becomes COMEDY, etc.

Also get rid of the uppercase/lowercase mix. Seeing truTV when everything else is in caps is just weird.

The current setup shows they can do 7 letters (607 is SPEEDHD for example). Use those letters to simplfy.

Last thing, for local market channels, drop the call sign and do just ABC, CBS, FOX, etc. Make it simpler.

I like the Logo for the quick tune screen. It's easy to quickly find what channel you want (Still trying to remember channels came on board in August. slowly getting there) by its logo then just the name. The problem is channels get new logos and they still use old ones. I don't really need logos in the guide. That space to the left does bug me and the channel names bug me too as stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)