Logos

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
They are not even updating the logos now?
It is something that make the 922 interfase look better.
And now all the new channels are without logo or with a wrong one. For example the new religious channel Prayer has an ABC Family logo, Universal Sports has a Sirius logo and the other new channels didn't have a logo at all.
Don't know if it is my 922 or everyone.
Because I remember 2 weeks ago when Dish changed the logo, the Dish logos in the guide changed to the new red one and some other logos of other channels also changed, the next day they were the same as always, how they are now...

:confused:

They are not even updating the logos now?
It is something that make the 922 interfase look better.
And now all the new channels are without logo or with a wrong one. For example the new religious channel Prayer has an ABC Family logo, Universal Sports has a Sirius logo and the other new channels didn't have a logo at all.
Don't know if it is my 922 or everyone.
Because I remember 2 weeks ago when Dish changed the logo, the Dish logos in the guide changed to the new red one and some other logos of other channels also changed, the next day they were the same as always, how they are now...

:confused:

I like to think it takes a awhile for Logos to appear,remember when you first got the 922?.

That said it would not surprise me if the channel logos become jumbled up because this is the same guide the Hopper uses and it's in beta testing.

So you can complain or give DISH a break and be happy with what you do have? I am.:)

"So you can complain or give DISH a break and be happy with what you do have? I am.:)"

I have seen this kind of comment quite often, and while I appreciate those who are very positive, I would like to remind them that they are sending hundreds of dollars per year (or more than $1000/yr) to a mutli-billion dollar company that actually needs to deliver with excellence, because it is in the "fight of its life" with its arch-rival, DirecTV. Frankly, it is not OK for Dish to miss on things like this. It is just not acceptable to always be "behind the curve" on basic GUI (Graphical User Interface) details.

Now, I do give DISH that they are the provider that chooses to be low-cost / high-volume, and they actually get a fair amount of kudos for what they *do* deliver in that scenario, which, I'm sure, is crushing. But I am not sure that it *helps* to make Dish think they are delivering on things that they fail on. It is like parents who over-praise, even for kids who fail to even try. They make it worse, by offering a false sense of achievement.

I, for one, will say I appreciate the Dish value-pricing, and the fact they deliver more high-quality HD channels than their competitor - those things are outstanding. But I think they can and should do better on the GUI, and need to become more customer-focused through better engineering and refined attention to detail. They need to be more open to user input, and most definitely need to communicate what they are doing, or have done, on their software revisions. I say, "Thank you, Dish, but please spend some of those $M of profit on some additional engineers who open up avenues to customer input and testing."

Last edited:
"So you can complain or give DISH a break and be happy with what you do have? I am.:)"

I have seen this kind of comment quite often, and while I appreciate those who are very positive, I would like to remind them that they are sending hundreds of dollars per year (or more than $1000/yr) to a mutli-billion dollar company that actually needs to deliver with excellence, because it is in the "fight of its life" with its arch-rival, DirecTV. Frankly, it is not OK for Dish to miss on things like this. It is just not acceptable to always be "behind the curve" on basic GUI (Graphical User Interface) details.

Now, I do give DISH that they are the provider that chooses to be low-cost / high-volume, and they actually get a fair amount of kudos for what they *do* deliver in that scenario, which, I'm sure, is crushing. But I am not sure that it *helps* to make Dish think they are delivering on things that they fail on. It is like parents who over-praise, even for kids who fail to even try. They make it worse, by offering a false sense of achievement.

I, for one, will say I appreciate the Dish value-pricing, and the fact they deliver more high-quality HD channels than their competitor - those things are outstanding. But I think they can and should do better on the GUI, and need to become more customer-focused through better engineering and refined attention to detail. They need to be more open to user input, and most definitely need to communicate what they are doing, or have done, on their software revisions. I say, "Thank you, Dish, but please spend some of those $M of profit on some additional engineers who open up avenues to customer input and testing."

Well since it's been a few days now my thoughts on this issue is:

Come On DISH Fix The Logos!.:rant:

What is strange is the other day I setup a new unit and had it plugged in and in the stream for a few hours before we got to call and activate it. Before we activated it I noticed that all the logos were correct, even Rural TV had a logo... yet after activating the unit the unit no displays the wrong logos on the screen. Almost like there are two different versions of the logos floating around in the stream.

What is strange is the other day I setup a new unit and had it plugged in and in the stream for a few hours before we got to call and activate it. Before we activated it I noticed that all the logos were correct, even Rural TV had a logo... yet after activating the unit the unit no displays the wrong logos on the screen. Almost like there are two different versions of the logos floating around in the stream.

I think there's more than that if you look in "Counters" It says which Logo Version their using on your 922.;)

I think there's plenty of room for both satcos to coexist. And we'll be better off if both do.

I guess I don't get it, some are sort of over the top, LMN for-instance and the major networks NBC, CBS etc. I need my glasses to see them.....? The change is OK but I wonder about the timing, with Hopper coming and all...?

What happened to the logos today?
Its like they restore the logos to a previous point in time, because all the logos are changed, Destination America has the logo of Planet Green again (it already has the Destination America logo), and all the new channels that were added or modified lately didn't have logos at all, and they have before.

Last edited:
194, 102, 349, 232 now have the appropriate logos here (at least on 1 Hopper, haven't checked the others.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts