Long hold for tech support today

SatelliteGAL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Amherst, NY (Buffalo suburb)
I tried to call *E tech support this am and gave up after being on hold for over 10 minutes. I have never had to hold that long. I wonder what is tying up the lines so much.
My replacement 622 needs to be replaced :(

Long holiday weekend - In India!! I had a call and was on hold for nearly 15 minutes - CSR still was no help, called back for Tech support, after 20 minutes I hung up.

Tech Support is in the USA, not India.

Hold times very, you might have called in the middle of shift change. Plus I would assume they have less people on due to the holiday weekend.

I tried to call *E tech support this am and gave up after being on hold for over 10 minutes. I have never had to hold that long. I wonder what is tying up the lines so much.

I had a couple of Notre Dame and Michigan fans on the phones today. Took them 15 minutes to stop crying before we even got around to the problem.

I am a Dish technician.. And our hold times on the intaller hotline to speak to tech support are becoming maddening in their length..Up to 30 mins..Dish CSR's tell me they are working on improving the system...all they have done is create nightmares.
I could only imagine what customers are forced to suffer with this indignation of extended hold times.

Tech Support is in the USA, not India.

Hold times very, you might have called in the middle of shift change. Plus I would assume they have less people on due to the holiday weekend.
Scott, this problem has been occuring for several weeks now..And that is on the installer hot line..

Actually the Retailer website and the Order Entry Sales tool have been down all day long making it almost impossible to process a sale.

I spend over 2 hours on the phone today just trying to process new sales, which I normally would have entered and setup on my own.

I was trying to replace a bad 622 and Saturday my phone battery went dead while I was on the phone que for 30 minutes. I called back yesterday and waited another 30 minutes. After several frustrating conversations, they agreed to ship me a new one.

We have just been in high cue for several days now. We are working to improve hold times all the times, the best time to call is early morning around 8 - 10.
That's fine for customers..But if one is working, as in a tech, one doesn't have that luxury. To be fair, hold times to tech were back to normal today

I'm willing to bet that had a LOT to do with the IVR being back to normal. Ugh. What fiasco this past weekend was with that being "broken"
The IVR was dopwn around 4:30 pm EDT today...Had to do an activation with a CSR...One thing though is the Mckees Rocks(Pittsburgh) call center is back doing activations and tech support..Thank goodness.. It seems Dish's most experienced people are in that center...They do a great job!!!

The IVR was dopwn around 4:30 pm EDT today...Had to do an activation with a CSR...One thing though is the Mckees Rocks(Pittsburgh) call center is back doing activations and tech support..Thank goodness.. It seems Dish's most experienced people are in that center...They do a great job!!!

IMO it's a tie between the one in PA vs. the other in WV (was never sure what town either are in). Both seem to net me the best results.

We're in McKeesport, PA.

IMO it's a tie between the one in PA vs. the other in WV (was never sure what town either are in). Both seem to net me the best results.
There's atech support center in Christiansburg,VA..I believe there is a center in Bluefield, WV as well. The one in Tulsa seems to have a lot of turnover..It's rare to get an experiencened person there...

This is crazy. I have now been on the phone 4 times since 2pm central trying to get this 722 activated. The first time I thought went great picked up in just a couple of minutes took all the info said it should be activated within 20 minutes. An hour later still nothing call back on hold for 20 minutes and get India and have hard time getting anywhere says it should be fixed now and wait 20 minutes. Now 30 minutes later still nothing , call back and get someone in the US that spent 40 minutes trying to help but said he was finally out of suggestions and was going to transfer me to a higher up tech level. On hold 10 minutes screen finally changes from not an authorized receiver to smart card invalid. He researches and said someone earlier entered the card number wrong by 1 digit and it is now correct but could take up to 20 minutes to correct itself. Well after 10 minutes it finally downloaded what I assume to be guide info but I am still stuck on error 124 smart card invalid. I am on my third cordless as the other two are nearly dead and beeping and I am ready to chuck this thing out the door.Guess I will leave it for now and watch the kids tv as it is now their bedtime and I have wasted an entire afternoon and evening..

Im an Installer, yesterday (16Sep: 2-5pm CST) I waited on HOLD with DISH activation line to ADD a reciever to a customers account for 133 MINUTES!!!! Since I was in a rural area, I was tied to one place (lest I lose the call and have to start all over). Guess what times I got to my last 2 customers? I couldnt even call them to let them know my ETA. I just wanted to open a vein.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)