long timer - update to HD-tivos deal..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccchuck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
usa
I have been with directv since the beginning, I want to upgrade to HD (I am currently SD) with 2 HD tivos, I'm offered one "free" - what kind of deal has anyone got on a second one?

Is it true that "broken" HD tivos are being replaced with "directv-HD" units?

I have lifetime DVR, what fees will I have to pay if I get 2 HD tivos?

I have been with directv since the beginning, I want to upgrade to HD (I am currently SD) with 2 HD tivos, I'm offered one "free" - what kind of deal has anyone got on a second one?

Is it true that "broken" HD tivos are being replaced with "directv-HD" units?

I have lifetime DVR, what fees will I have to pay if I get 2 HD tivos?

You won't want to get HD Tivos ...
You'll want better technology.
More like a Genie free and probably clients to go with the Genie, however I would recommend getting a HR24 (HD DVR) to go with the Genie.

You didn't say how many TV's your dealing with .

You won't want to get HD Tivos ... You'll want better technology. More like a Genie free and probably clients to go with the Genie, however I would recommend getting a HR24 (HD DVR) to go with the Genie. You didn't say how many TV's your dealing with .

I believe the older HD tivos picked up the 101, 110, and 119, if it's the ones I'm thinking of they're actually replaced with SDDVR's because you're not actually getting HD service. As for the free TiVo, this one is new to me so I'm curious how this all plays out. Please update us once you make the call and see what they say

"More like a Genie free and probably clients to go with the Genie, however I would recommend getting a HR24 (HD DVR) to go with the Genie."....

what kind of deal could I get on that?

unfortunately the "boss" wants tivos, I plan to keep one or two old SD tivos for a total of 4 tvs.

BUT what's the deal on a genie fee-wise - would my lifetime DVR apply? and what other wonderful fees apply?

"More like a Genie free and probably clients to go with the Genie, however I would recommend getting a HR24 (HD DVR) to go with the Genie."....

what kind of deal could I get on that?

unfortunately the "boss" wants tivos, I plan to keep one or two old SD tivos for a total of 4 tvs.

BUT what's the deal on a genie fee-wise - would my lifetime DVR apply? and what other wonderful fees apply?

Genie has no Subscription like TIVO did ... you paid Tivo for the Guide data basically.
With the Genie, you already have the Guide data thru Directv.

Tivo was like a third party product , something that D* didn't have (couldn't due to patents) so D* got Tivos because they were the popular DVR back in the day, since then, D* has developed thier own HD DVRs the HR24 and Genies are the newest .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)