Getting upgraded equipment, advice?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I have been with DirecTV for 2 years. I currently have 3 - H25's and 2-HR24's.

Called retention to get my bill lowered and I am keeping the 2-HR24's. They are coming out Monday at no charge, to add a genie DVR, and replacing the 2-H25's with genie clients. Was it best to upgrade to the 2 genie clients rather than keep the 2-H25's? (I currently have whole house DVR)

I wanted to lower my bill, and if I was recording 2 programs on the downstairs DVR, then I couldn't watch another channel. I was told with this setup that I could do 9 different combinations of recording and or watching.

I got the equipment upgrade, plus a geniego box for free. Free install, all movie channels for 2-months. My bill will drop from $116 to $83 for 1st 3 months, then $92 for 2nd 3 months, then $97 for 6 months and was told to call back after 12 months to renegotiate my bill again.

Relatively happy with the price reductions, but wanted to be sure I did the right thing by going with the genie clients and sending back the H-25's.. as I have read after the fact on the forums here that some people have experienced a channel change slowness.

I think you will be fine. Even if there is a lag in channel change times, it likely won't be much.

I would have kept the h25's. remember clients do not have tuners. that, they pull one from the genie
for me that's a deal breaker

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)