Longhorn Game not in HD

jesch3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Pflugerville, TX
The Longhorns are playing tonight and it is being broadcast on the Longhorn Network, but I see that Dish is not carrying it in HD.

Correct. No Longhorn HD on Dish. Never announced that it would be, IIRC.

Its 407 Longhorn HD but as said its vacant tonight for the game. Not that I would want to watch that. :)
Seems to be standard Dish. One step forward three steps backwards. It will probably come on around half time

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Its 407 Longhorn HD but as said its vacant tonight for the game. Not that I would want to watch that. :)
Seems to be standard Dish. One step forward three steps backwards. It will probably come on around half time

If that's even a possibility, I'll keep checking the HD channel. Still, just happy to have LHN at all! :)

this was a big let down from Dish, i guess Disney wanted this channel to be not an RSN but they caved to Dish's demand that this would be a high priority RSN. if you want to see this game in HD, you got to have a good internet connection and watch it on the WatchESPN site or app on mobile devices now next week is gonna be worse, next week's game is gonna be an Fox Sports 1 game and i don't know if it will be on Dish or not due to recent deal with Fox over the carriage of the games themselves.

Yes, I was told on several occasions by Dish that the situation was standard programming would be in SD, games in HD. That did not happen this evening. This appears to be a huge cockup of some kind, as three different CSRs, including one supposedly in "account management" or something like that, said it was supposed to be HD. The third one even said that he would let me out of the coming 23 months of my contract. I'm betting NO HD on LHN from now on.

Well, it's my own fault. I always tell people NEVER buy anything based on a promise. This time I did...and got burned. Now I have to decide if the other advantages of Dish over DirecTV are worth it.

Yes, I was told on several occasions by Dish that the situation was standard programming would be in SD, games in HD. That did not happen this evening. This appears to be a huge cockup of some kind, as three different CSRs, including one supposedly in "account management" or something like that, said it was supposed to be HD. The third one even said that he would let me out of the coming 23 months of my contract. I'm betting NO HD on LHN from now on.

Well, it's my own fault. I always tell people NEVER buy anything based on a promise. This time I did...and got burned. Now I have to decide if the other advantages of Dish over DirecTV are worth it.

Oh calm down. It's the first week of the HD feed being live. Give Dish a chance a chance to work out the kinks. Mainly by talking to DIRT (as opposed to CSRs) so they can out in a technical request on your behalf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: psychotrope
This is a big deal, if you want watch the game. How do they mess something like this up?

This is a big deal, if you want watch the game. How do they mess something like this up?

You've had since Wednesday (when HD games populate for the weekend) to inquire with Dish why it didn't show up in the guide. Why wait until game time to inquire when Dish really can't do anything about it at that point?

You have the App so I know you visit semi-regularly at the very least. You should know better.

I am not wanting to watch the game. I was making an observation. This is just bad business on the part of Dish. The Longhorn Network has what two football games and they screwup the first?

Reactions: mnassour
I am not wanting to watch the game. I was making an observation. This is just bad business on the part of Dish. The Longhorn Network has what two football games and they screwup the first?

Still a general statement, if you don't notice a game you want to see in HD by Thursday morning then contact DIRT.

It's not a matter of being calm...it's a matter of getting what we were told over and over was coming. I appreciate with the DIRT team does here, and am glad they're a resource, I'm kind of surprised that this kind of thing even happens, given all the improvements that Dish has made over the years. This is the first serious hiccup I've had and there's a lot more that would keep me with Dish, even if the contract was voided.

At any rate, I appreciate your advice on checking ahead in the guide. I'll be sure and follow it next time.

Add me as another who was greatly disappointed that the game was not playing on the HD channel. The only reason I bumped up my service was so I could watch the games, in HD if possible. No point in advertising the channel in HD if you have no plans in using it.

Looking at the guide last week It looked like longhorn network would be game only, since it didn't light up may be a question for DIRT? I thought I had heard it was going to be in HD, but first weekend lets hear feedback from Dish. First weekend of college ball, look at all football out there on Dish! :)

Very dissappointed game was not in HD. Press releases from Dish clearly indicated that UT games would be in HD. They added the HD channel a few weeks ago so it was looking promising. I'm still confused whey they don't offer HD for all the LHN programming. Very strange how Dish is (mis)handling the LHN rollout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)