Longmire

What puzzles me, is who stole Walt's Bronco in EP 9 just before he fights David Ridges. I thought it was Branch. Then when EP 10 starts , he is driving it like it was never gone. What was that all about anyway???

What puzzles me, is who stole Walt's Bronco in EP 9 just before he fights David Ridges. I thought it was Branch. Then when EP 10 starts , he is driving it like it was never gone. What was that all about anyway???

I agree. That left me very confused at the start of the finale. Made me think I had somehow missed an episode.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think Branch either shot, or just scared his dad. Doubt either was killed, and if so it would be dead old dad.

As for Henry, looks like he's the new Hector, a role that suits him well.

Reactions: Annie61
“Longmire” is no more.

A&E has canceled the series, which starred Robert Taylor as Wyoming sheriff Walt Longmire.

thewrap.com

‘Longmire’ Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere
Nellie Andreeva
Longmire, A&E’s most watched original drama series of all time, will be ending its run on the cable network after three seasons. In a surprising move, the network has opted not to renew the series for a fourth season. I hear Warner Horizon, the studio behind Longmire, will be shopping it immediately. “We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of Longmire, along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling,” A&E said in a statement. “We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.”

deadline.com

he drama starring Robert Taylor and Katee Sackhoff will not return for a fourth season on the network. Sources confirm to THR that the series — the No. 1 scripted show in A&E's history — will be shopped to other networks.

hollywoodreporter.com

Oh, Man!!!!

Though honestly, the past season was the weakest of the three. Got too bogged down with the overly stretched out Branch/David Bridges story and Henry's problems, but would still like to see in continue.

It is amazing that they would drop something that actually had significant instances of both Art and Entertainment.

I suspect that A&E is on the ropes with only two non-"reality" series.

I agree #3 was the weakest but I still enjoyed it. I would like to think it might get picked up somewhere.

Great!! A&E cancels quality programming so their can save some money while shoving idiots like Dave Hester down our throats.
You suck A&E YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!

The main reason it was canceled is because Warner owns and produced the show, so no extra money to A&E.

A&E has ownership in shows like Bates Motel, all their Reality Shows and new shows like The Returned, so that is where their priority is.

From Deadline Hollywood:

There has been a drive at A+E Networks (as well as other cable network groups) to own a large portion of their scripted programming, which was also the impetus behind the launch of A+E Studios. Both Longmire and The Glades came from outside suppliers, Warner Horizon and Fox TV Studios, respectively.

Hmmm, the most watched show gets canceled. Seems like more viewers equals higher fees charged for commercial time but I guess not the way the geniuses at A&E see it. This was the first show in many years that I have watched on A&E (last one was Nero Wolfe) and now it appears there is no longer a reason at all to watch A&E. Let's hope it gets shopped around and picked up elsewhere, it's too good to die like this.

That sucks. One of the very few cable non-sports shows I watch. And actually one of my favorites too.

Well, A&E is making me tree trimming decision around my OTA much easier. After college season is over, me thinks Charter TV will be too.

Reactions: Magic Static
i'm however you spell his name LOL. I don't watch this, but my mom does. I don't think she'll be very happy when I tell her. I hope somebody picks it up to. Maybe Netflix? That wouldn't be so bad! I need to try to watch this anyway. I've heard good things about the series. Plus I think Gerald McCrady is in it? I like him a lot.

Warner Bros. TV Preps ‘Longmire’ Pitch To Digital & Cable Outlets

Nellie Andreeva
I hear Netflix and Amazon are expected to hear the pitch. Subscription-based services like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu would be perfect for a show like Longmire, which has a large but somewhat older-skewing audience. Longmire was A&E’s most watched original scripted series of all time, averaging 5.6 million viewers in Season 3’s most current ratings, a slight dip from Season 2’s nearly 6 million average despite a much weaker lead-in. Ad-supported networks depend heavily on advertisers, who are after younger audiences, practically dooming popular series like Longmire or NBC’s Harry’s Law whose viewership is a little greyer. Netflix is the most logical destination for the series as the streaming service already has the rights to the series’ existing seasons as part of its multi-series streaming deal with Warner Bros. Interestingly, I heard there were no plans for Hulu to hear the pitch. Hulu also had been considered a strong possibility as its new head of content, Craig Erwich, developed and sold Longmire while running Warner Horizon. That could change, with Yahoo, which recently rescued cancelled NBC comedy Community, also a remote possibility though it is not subscription-based and relies on advertisers. However, even subscription digital services like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu tend to cater to younger viewers who are generally quicker to adopt new technologies.

Things are murky on the cable side. TNT, which would’ve been a logical choice as it is a sister network to Warner Horizon, is said to not be interested (though it is unclear who there would take the pitch even if there was interest with both Steve Koonin and Michael Wright gone.) TNT originally developed Longmire and passed on it before the project was picked up by A&E. AMC also would make sense because of its Western-themed Saturday that features original drama Hell on Wheels that shares sensibilities with Longmire, but I hear there are no plans to take in a pitch, at least for now.

deadline.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)