Longmire

Netflix has ordered a fourth season of the western-based drama series Longmire, three months after A&E cancelled the show.The series, based on novels by Craig Johnson about a Wyoming sheriff whose territory abuts a Native American reservation, has received a 10-episode order from Netflix and will air on the OTT service in 2015.

multichannel.com

I think that Netflix does put their shows on BD, so I'm pretty sure Longmire will also be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may temporarily join Netflix to watch. I wonder if the entire cast is returning or if there will be 'budget cuts'?
The question may be whether or not they can maintain the connection product promotion connection with Dodge. That was surely big money when it was on A&E. I'm sure Dodge wasn't happy about Longmire driving an apparently indestructable Bronco.

I'll be very happy to see it come back in some form even if some of the faces change (although it would be tough to surpass the original cast).

Longmire Team on Season 4's 'Second Chances' Theme, A&E Cancellation https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/longmire-team-season-4s-second-234139288.html
Viewers tuning in for Season 4 of Longmire on its new home, Netflix, will see a slight change in the series compared to its A&E run.“The show’s going to be different in the end, but we’re actually still making the same show,” executive producer Hunt Baldwin said Tuesday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.Baldwin noted the episodes no longer have to be cut down to fit a 42-minute running time and aren’t subject to commercial breaks.“We’re not changing our approach to storytelling very much, but the end result feels very cinematic,” he explained.

Longmire Season 4 Video: Can Walt Be Stopped From Shooting ? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/longmire-season-4-video-walt-160357083.html
With less than four weeks to go until it premieres all 10 episodes of Longmire Season 4 (on Sept. 10), Netflix has released a sneak peek at a scuffle between the show’s titular lawman and someone struggling to save him from making a big mistake.As seen in the clip above, Walt (played by Robert Taylor) is gunning for — wait for it — a small airplane (or more specifically one of its passengers) when he gets blindsided by a tackle. Who was Longmire looking to take down, and who stopped him — and why? Press play above to find out.Meanwhile, embedded below is a recent teaser trailer for Season 4 of the former A&E drama:Longmire - Season 4 - Teaser Trailer - Netflix [HD]....It's not that you come back, it's how you come back that matters. Longmire Season 4 is coming excluisvely to Netflix September 10.Seasons 1-3 now streaming.This contemporary crime thriller focuses on a Wyoming sheriff who's rebuilding his life and career following the death of his wife. Walt Longmire is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County.....

Because it is on Netflix, will it eventually be available on DVD? Love the show, but don't have Netflix. Internet is to slow. Thanks if anyone knows the answer.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The preview trailer (the second video) is catchy. It would appear the spirit of the show has been maintained. I hope it doesn't get too gritty.

'Longmire' Preview: Showrunners on Walt's Future, and a Possible Romance with Vic? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/longmire-premiere-walk-up-128717765565.html
When Longmire returns from cancellation purgatory on Sept. 10 on Netflix, it’ll be both the same series that its devoted fanbase knows and loves from its three-season run on A&E and a departure from the status quo. “We’re not changing the show at all,” promises star Robert Taylor, who plays the titular Wyoming lawman, Sherriff Walter Longmire. “But one of the benefits of being on Netflix is that there are no commercial breaks. On A&E, we always had to lose great stuff, because of commercials. With Netflix, they don’t care. So you’ll find that the episodes are closer to 60 minutes than 40 minutes. What a gift!”Those longer running times are certainly a gift for fans. After all, they’ve been clamoring for more Longmire since the series came to an abrupt end following its third season. That cancellation wasn’t due to declining quality or ratings; instead A&E reportedly pulled the plug because the series found its largest audience amidst a specialized (re: older) demographic. That’s precisely the viewership that Netflix have been making attempts to target through such well-received new shows as Grace and Frankie. So three months Longmire rode off into the basic cable sunset, the series hitched itself to the streaming giant’s post. “We had a lot more confidence than we had doubts about the show finding a new home,” says executive producer, Hunt Baldwin. “I think we refused to believe it, because we weren’t done.” Adds exec producer John Coveny: “This comeback was a case of blood, sweat and tears. Blood was pumping through us to bring it back, we sweated to get it done and tears were shed in the [Netflix] pitch meeting. That was about the emotion and love of the show; we knew it was carrying a lot of people with it.”

Well, S4 is up, but have not gotten the usual email announcement, nor does on-line feature it at all. You have to look for it. Marketing department must still be on Labor Day vacation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)