Longtime Directv customer switches.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

XMFreak

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
California
I switched from Directv to Comcast Preferred package. WOW what a difference. I now get more channels like CMT Pure Country Nat Geo Wild etc. I had a few problems after I got installed due to an old Digital box. Comcast replaced it with a brand new one. I now have no problems. I don't have HD so HD channels was of no interest to me yet. Still using my 32 inch Sony Wega Tv. I am so satisfied its like I can finally find stuff to watch now. I think people with Satellite are missing out on a bunch of great channels. I mean with Directv anyhow. I can't speak for Dish.

I switched from Directv to Comcast Preferred package. WOW what a difference. I now get more channels like CMT Pure Country Nat Geo Wild etc. I mean with Directv anyhow. I can't speak for Dish.

Oh god yes, all of us D* users are losing sleep cause we do not get those channels. No thanks. I will take my HD/Sports anyday over some Neo Geo channel and CMT

The only thing Crapcast was good for was internet, and now that they are the first to release user info to the RIAA and such. They can keep there service.

I think it is all what you want.

We were unhappy with D*'s offering as well and switched to E*.

E* actually had an extra local channel and RSN for us. In addition, we were able to upgrade to HD for free with them.

We get Nat Geo Wild HD and SD with E*. I rarely watched Fox Reality Channel (which D* still has on a programming loop it seems). I have not watched Nat Geo Wild all that much either. However, those interested in that programming may enjoy it more.

I know what you mean about CMT Pure Country (formerly VH1 Country...never understood the first name to begin with....). I am not a big country music fan, but I would like to see more of those music digital channels. There is still CMT and GAC, though. However, D* did drop a 24 hour country music video channel. I do not recall its name, but it seemed to not be a well known channel. I am sure there are some who would like to see MTV Hits, VH1 Soul, etc. I watch Palladia HD and VH1 Classic from time to time.

While we have 2 HD Duo boxes with E*, one is on an older SDTV with component cables. We love the HD programming on some channels like HD Theater and Palladia (as previously mentioned).

I am glad that you are happy. I think that is all that matters. For us, our local cable company is missing out on many channels and is more expensive. Therefore, no switching for us, and we are happy with E*'s offerings.

Oh god yes, all of us D* users are losing sleep cause we do not get those channels. No thanks. I will take my HD/Sports anyday over some Neo Geo channel and CMT

The only thing Crapcast was good for was internet, and now that they are the first to release user info to the RIAA and such. They can keep there service.

UMM I was not telling anyone to not take Directv etc. I am just saying for me Comcast is better. If you like Directv fine.
I happen to like country Music (grew up on it). I hope you stay happy with Directv.
I am not happy with their limited selection. Enjoy the Fox reality repeats :)

I think it is all what you want.

We were unhappy with D*'s offering as well and switched to E*.

E* actually had an extra local channel and RSN for us. In addition, we were able to upgrade to HD for free with them.

We get Nat Geo Wild HD and SD with E*. I rarely watched Fox Reality Channel (which D* still has on a programming loop it seems). I have not watched Nat Geo Wild all that much either. However, those interested in that programming may enjoy it more.

I know what you mean about CMT Pure Country (formerly VH1 Country...never understood the first name to begin with....). I am not a big country music fan, but I would like to see more of those music digital channels. There is still CMT and GAC, though. However, D* did drop a 24 hour country music video channel. I do not recall its name, but it seemed to not be a well known channel. I am sure there are some who would like to see MTV Hits, VH1 Soul, etc. I watch Palladia HD and VH1 Classic from time to time.

While we have 2 HD Duo boxes with E*, one is on an older SDTV with component cables. We love the HD programming on some channels like HD Theater and Palladia (as previously mentioned).

I am glad that you are happy. I think that is all that matters. For us, our local cable company is missing out on many channels and is more expensive. Therefore, no switching for us, and we are happy with E*'s offerings.

I am glad you are happy with Dish. I am happy with my Comcast.

I know I had Comcast last year for the MLB package. Paid $200 for the entire year for the MLB package upfront when I got setup...

The service sucked so bad, especially their DVR I ended up spending $800 for an HD Tivo.

The Tivo was great, but the service still sucked and managed to just get rid of Comcast all together, and had to spend another hundred and something dollars to get it through Directv

Wether its Directv or Dish, I feel they both got Comcast beat!

I know I had Comcast last year for the MLB package. Paid $200 for the entire year for the MLB package upfront when I got setup...

The service sucked so bad, especially their DVR I ended up spending $800 for an HD Tivo.

The Tivo was great, but the service still sucked and managed to just get rid of Comcast all together, and had to spend another hundred and something dollars to get it through Directv

To each their own opinion.
I am not using a DVR. I can't comment on that.

Unless you want On-Demand, then there is no contest. And the HD channel count gap is narrowing very quickly.

I switched to comcast from dish. Boy I am surprised at the picture. How great of a difference it is on my hdtv upstairs which is 1080i . So far getting the tvone in sd and hd is great since dish doesnt carry it. Also when nothing is on . The ondemand is great to be able to watch something without having to wait for it to download from the internet. The only draw back is the dvr isnt included in the triple play pkg and is $15.95 extra. To much, so I am using tivo even thou it is not in hd still records fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts