Look: There's a Dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
We were driving home from lunch today and my wife called out "Look...a dish". On the side of the road was a Star Choice 40"x44" dish complete with LNB and J support. I quickly u-turned, pulled up to the house and went to their front door. They confirmed it was garbage so I loaded the assembly into my CUV. It almost wouldn't fit without some disassembly but I had no tools in the car. I now have a new dish obtained for $0 plus I've learned to always keep a toolbox in the vehicle.

Nice find. I keep Gerber multi-tools in all my vehicles, in addition to a small tool pouch.

Every time my wife sees a C-Band dishes she calls my attention to it.

Nice dish rescued from the trash! I've been known to slam on my brakes for a Superdish or even a Slimline. My eyes always wander roadside on garbage pickup nights.

Any plans yet for this super dish find? I guess this means an ant farm?
Not really. Too small for 125W here. I actually like elegance of a finely adjusted motor. It seems so practical. Maybe when weather warms / dries, I'll think of something.

I have another identical dish to pick up when the fellow finds his LNB. He answered my endless ad on kijiji for any dishes.

It's Mother Could Love It

Not a pretty sight...but functional:

Attachments

• Garbage Dish.jpg
    Garbage Dish.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 136
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)