Looking for a 1.2cm or 1.8cm dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i would recommend adding these two devices to your system, it would turn out well worth it in the long run.
the first is a modern c and ku lnbf in one package that is voltage controlled, thereby eliminating the polarrotor and the hassles involved with it, plus it allows you to pick up c-band and ku-band satellites on one dish.

741U CKU C and Ku Band Linear Circular Universal Ku HDTV LNB LNBF for BUD and C Band

or, if you dont need ku-band on your big dish, i would still upgrade to a voltage controlled lnbf for c-band like one of these,

http://www.satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=661&ws_cat=433

ESX241 C Band Satellite LNB LNBF

the second item is an actuator controller that will automatically move your dish when you change to a channel that is on another satellite

VBox-X

overall, these would make your system much easier to use and more enjoyable. :)

Last edited:
Thanks ynnedibanez, for your imput. Trying to find good reading on the polarrotor, don't find to much saying good things about it. I already have a great Ku setup with HH motor. I don't have any problems trying to get any Ku satellites. When I tried to test my 36" dish with a C-Band LNB, I bought a ESX242 (Dual) just in case I needed it for a future BUD so I have a brand new one waiting to use. I will take a look at the VBox-X. When I do get ready to spring, I 'll have alot of questions about the wiring of the motor.Thanks again:).

.....Trying to find good reading on the polarrotor, don't find to much saying good things about it. I already have a great Ku setup with HH motor. I don't have any problems trying to get any Ku satellites.
I have one on my 8 ft mesh BUD and am happy I do. I move the dish with my old 920 and it controls the polarotor. With full adjustment available from the 920, I have more than once adjusted the polarity from, say a 60 reading to a 75 reading and picked up a channel I could not receive before. I also have noticed a few "bumps" of the polarity and I can pick up a higher quality in some cases. I agree with another poster that having a polarotor is a little more work, but it works for me.

The only thing I can think that might be a problem, don't paint the mesh holes closed, it will increase the wind resistance of the dish. Good Luck!
There is no real difference between the wind resistance of a solid dish or mesh dish. We are talking about openings much to small on mesh that receives sat freqs to affect wind loading. To have less wind loading it would have to have holes larger than about 1/2 inch.

Hello, Have a question on cable. What do they call the rg6 cable that has the actuator wires all in one cable? I know I can get the sprinkle wire but I have an older lnb that has the cable all in one cable run.

Thanks, Brex2001 for the information.

Thought I would update the information on my install for my new C-Band dish. Today, my son and I set the pole for the dish. The hole was 3ft down and 24 inches wide. My other son that works in construction found the steel pole for me. I'll have to get the name of the pole he got. The top section fits like a glove that slides into the mount. I will get photos later before I place the dish mount on. I used 6 bags of quickcrete. Three bags at 50lbs ea. were the better grade and three at 80lbs ea. bags at regular. I used 2 ea 12 inch screw bolts with washers and nuts through the lower bottom area of post. This post is not going to move at all. I think I went for the over kill, but did not want to do this again. My dish is 7.5 footer, might even be 8 foot. I'll have to measure when I have it togehter. I would have photos as I was doing this, but it was a heavy mist at the time here in north central Indiana. The temp was 49 so not to bad to work in and get the pole into the ground days before the cold sets in. I'll update later when things start going up.

I went out and took some photos in the rain. I will clean up and paint the post this spring. The pole is very plumb and holding. You can slao see my Ku band dish with motor in the back ground. The Ku works like a champ. I also finished cleaning and painting two of the four sides of the disdh. I have the four small post , mount and two sides to finish up. Will add later.... My true south is 87 West and the field is wide open to all the sats I need.

DSCF1502.JPGDSCF1503.JPGDSCF1504.JPGDSCF1505.JPGDSCF1506.JPG

Last edited:
Hello again. I now have all my parts cleaned and painted. The question I have is my mount is pretty tight on the rotation of the arc circle. How loose should it be and what (lubricate) would I use for the winter to keep it turning smooth for the arc? If everything goes good, I plan to mount everything this weekend weather permitting.

QUESTION!

When I start to assemble all the parts, is there a right step to go by or just wing it. Like do you put the dish together first then the lnb arms and lnb? Place the polar mount on post first. I am just trying to not make to many mistakes at I first time putting one of these big dishes. Their are alot of experts on here. Thanks for any information.

QUESTION!
When I start to assemble all the parts, is there a right step to go by or just wing it. Like do you put the dish together first then the lnb arms and lnb? Place the polar mount on post first. I am just trying to not make to many mistakes at I first time putting one of these big dishes. Their are alot of experts on here. Thanks for any information.
There are some manuals posted here at the forum,

FTA Manuals - Downloads - SatelliteGuys.US Forums - America's Satellite & IPTV Source!

I used the "KTI satellite dish" manual downloaded from that link when I assembled mine. I did place the heavy mount on the pole first, and then had a friend help me lift the entire reflector assembly (without the lnbf inserted yet) into place and drop a few bolts in quickly to hold the reflector to the mount. Then fastened all the bolts. We did this on a calm day.

I never did it the way KTI said to do it. I always assembled the dish. I then put the mount on the dish while it was still on the ground. Then would mount the dish on the pole. At that point I would assemble the quad pod to the scaler ring. Then place that on to the dish and put the bolts in the bottom 2 arms. Then tilt dish to one side and bolt that feed arm then do the other. Run the wires to the polorotor & LNB. Insert the feed assembly. Put actuator on (if not an H2H) and done. If I had help it was pretty easy to lift the dish in place. W/o help I had what was called a dish crane that attached to the pole and lifted the dish to the correct height using a crank that pulled a steel cable wrap around a hub and then I could drop the dish on the pole. I do think you went a little over board on the concrete for a 7.5 ft dish though. About 2/3 of that amount would have been plenty. The amount you used would have been more than enuff for a 10 or 12 ft dish. But now that it is done shouldn't have any problems and who knows maybe you will replace it with a larger dish one of these days.

Last edited:
I see there are alot of type of sprinkler wire to buy. My run is 150ft. I am still not sure what to buy. If you were putting your dish up ,what would you use for a 7.5 mesh dish system. I will be using a VonWeise 36". I need to get this on order real soon. I see people using 18/7 and running elec. two wire for the power?? Just need what to order. Didn't want to order wrohg. Thanks.................:).

Hello Guys,

I just finished putting the dish on the mount. I have alot more to do. I have locked the dish to my south satellite which is 87 West. I do have signals from the satellite as soon as I hooked up the receiver. I am waiting for my sprinkler wire to arrive. Then I will see about putting power to the dish. I can get NASA at 4001 V 28111 with a S85/Q85. My QUESTION is, what is a STRONG TRANSPONDER to hit so I know everything I can possibly get with my 7.5 dish.Thanks for any imput!:rolleyes:.

I use the 4154 tp since it is weakest for me. As that number goes up,the rest of the arc goes up. I use the abc s on 99 and pa channel on 83 and neb pbs on 89 as indictators how the dish is trackng.As far as what you will get is based on receivers lnbs etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts