Looking for a 4DTV Reciver - CHEAP

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The easiest way to explain is on a Motorola unit the ebno # would be kinda like the "quality" meter on a DVB setup

On most units its options 6-0-5 then right arrow to diagnostic C...see attached picture below

The higher the ebno, the less amount of rain fade you have. In most cases these are the "guidelines"
+3.5 to have a signal
+3.5 to +5.0 to keep a stable picture...rain fade very possible
+5.0 to +6.0 nice solid picture but rain fade is possible
+6.0 to +8.0 strong signal
+8.0 to +10.0 really strong picture
+10.0 and above....highly unlikely the signal would ever go out :)

Now I'm using the KU side of that with Starchoice. On my Primestar dish I have +10.0 and above on all Starchoice channels so I need a very bad rainfall or super duper heavy clouds to have the signal go out..
C-Band would be different. The HBO mux at 7/8 FEC would need alot higher ebno than the regular 3/4 FEC stuff that is on most 4DTV channels

Ok... that is the reading on the 3rd row, far right? I am watching Bloomberg, +3.9.

T
+10.0 and above....highly unlikely the signal would ever go out :)

I have seen my EBNO as high as +15.0. Most of my stuff is 12.0 or more. I think EBNO is carrier to noise ratio with error rate for digital combined.

The CCTV 4 channel GB 752, have +7.0 signal...
Wow, I learn something new!
Thanks Iceberg!!!
On the ZK issue, is that on one of the Diagnostics screens, or is that one of the slang for "Channel in the clear"?

On the ZK issue, is that on one of the Diagnostics screens, or is that one of the slang for "Channel in the clear"?

that would be under the signal status that lists items like the serial number of the digital ID, the transponder info, polarity etc

options 6-3 rings a bell....my Starchoice units are different in the menus but it says what the channel is

ZK-zero key
S-subscribed

Since we are on the subject of 4DTV, what other info can you guys give me? It has been a long while since I really fooled with my 4DTV. FTA keeps me busy. Most of the 4DTV sites seem to be old stuff and I am sure things have been changed.

that would be under the signal status that lists items like the serial number of the digital ID, the transponder info, polarity etc

options 6-3 rings a bell....my Starchoice units are different in the menus but it says what the channel is

ZK-zero key
S-subscribed

That would be on Option 6-5, System Status? The reason I am asking on the C.Authorization Status: line it has "FP". That is on one of the InfoCommercial
channels....
Bingo, went back to Blomberg, and I see the "ZK".
Thanks again, Iceberg! :D
I have no subscription what soever on my 4DTV. I guess I am doing good.

"FP" -fixed (free) preview.
"ZK" -zero key.
"S" -Subscribed
"US" -Unsubscribed
Usually FP and ZK channels are viewable on any receiver that is or has been subbed to something.

Original Topic....

Anyway, now that Ikki's thread has been totally hijacked...LOL...for a relatively cheap 4DTV, I recommend looking on eBay. I waited and watched for a while, but persistence paid off, and I got my 920 for $50. :D:up As they get older, and more scarce, the price can only go up, though.:(

Any specific model number? Like what is the best? 920, 922?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)