Looking for a new motor. Whats the best out there?

SkySurfer80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
This SG6100 has power but I cant reset it and when I goes over 20 or so degrees to the east side it does this thing where it changes all my sat positions. I think the counter resets or something at a point and next thing I know the dish wont move at the receiver and I go outside and the damn thing is stuck at about 10 degrees west and I have to manually move it! As long as I stay between my due south and far west its perfect but it doesnt like exploring to the east and i have tried and tried but cant reset the angle display on this thing. Somehow the angle changed on its own so it shows 65 degrees when Im on zero! So frustrating because I really want to use USALS to know when I get exactly locked in and I cant because if I do USALS this thing goes to the Atlantic.

That being said I want a motor that can drive a 1.2 meter or one that has the best power. Can someone name me the top 3 or 4 motors that will all drive a 1.2 meter and also any that can be manually reset or that have a reset button.

Thanks

Are we sure this is a motor issue and not a receiver/firmware issue? I may be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but didn't the HDVR3500 have some motor control issues? I know there was a huge thread on the site when it was first released with several problems that the seller was working to correct. Hopefully the motor problem was resolved? :yes

EDIT: Found this thread that mentions the motor problem (something with the firmware). It also references the large thread with other issues.

GEOSATpro - GEOSAT PRO 3500 WONT WORK RIGHT

Are we sure this is a motor issue and not a receiver/firmware issue? I may be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but didn't the HDVR3500 have some motor control issues? I know there was a huge thread on the site when it was first released with several problems that the seller was working to correct. Hopefully the motor problem was resolved? :yes

EDIT: Found this thread that mentions the motor problem (something with the firmware). It also references the large thread with other issues.

GEOSATpro - GEOSAT PRO 3500 WONT WORK RIGHT

Not sure but I know I cant reset the motor led to zero. I have to use an old pansat 2500 to set the east and west limits however when going east the motor resets on its own and then that changes the limits.

I think you find will only one motor that can drive a 1.2m dish, the STAB HH-120.

Sent from my P00A using the SatelliteGuys app!

THIS.
It isn't so much that a motor can or can't move a larger dish, you have to factor in WIND LOAD. Wind load at any particular time can add hundred's of pounds of load to the motor, and that's when they tend to fail. STABHH120

Or a bit cheaper here: HH120

Both those retailers are good to deal with.

By FAR, you'd be better off making a drive up to Indiana to see Dan, and getting one of the 1.2m composite dishes he has stashed. I'm sure he'd be happy to give you one if you ask nicely. Then, retro fit a polar mount to it, (see link in post #3 above, and it'll explain the basics) and drive it with an 18" linear jack. You'll be MUCH happier with doing all that, and it'll probably cost you less by the time you are all done. It'll also out-last any USALS motor out there, for this purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)