This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking for a new Roku

The more I think about it, I might give my current one to my parents and get my Sister the Roku stick (current model with 4k and a remote) whichever one that is, mainly because I could connect it to the back of the TV and it would be out of sight, seeing thier TV is hanging now.
And get myself the Premiere + ...

Seeing I have a Roku now, I want to keep everyone using the same brand, so when questions arise, I know what they are talking about.

These are Christmas things, done early.

Walmart was offering ridiculous closeout prices in store a week or two ago on last year's Roku models, including the Premiere+. They might be all gone now as the deal was making the rounds in Roku SM groups.

Walmart was offering ridiculous closeout prices in store a week or two ago on last year's Roku models, including the Premiere+. They might be all gone now as the deal was making the rounds in Roku SM groups.

That's where I got my second one

Last edited:
Well, I ended up getting a Premier + from Costco for $79 ... better than BB @ $99.
Also got the newest version of the stick for my Sister, I think it was also $ 69 from BB.

I'll set mine up probably tomorrow.

I'm hoping that they use the same Remote codes thruout so that I won't have to reprogram my URC 890 remote ...

Reactions: norman881
I'm hoping that they use the same Remote codes thruout so that I won't have to reprogram my URC 890 remote ...
IIRC, the Rokus are pretty much all Wi-fi controlled (versus IR) so you would need something more than just the hand-held URC remote.

IIRC, the Rokus are pretty much all Wi-fi controlled (versus IR) so you would need something more than just the hand-held URC remote.

My rock-bottom-of-the-line Roku SE has an IR remote. $15 for both.

Well, I just finished setting up the new one and my URC 890 works great with it, so the codes have not changed as of yet.