Looking for a Quality 6 to 8 ft Solid or Mesh Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
Hi everyone,

I am in need of a quality 6 to 8 ft Solid or Mesh dish and cannot find one.

Problem I have is wind. Prime focus dishes are not beefed up enough. Looking for one like a GEOSATPro but cannot find anyone selling a 1.8m. The 1.2M has operating winds of 56 mph and Survival winds are 125 mph but a 1.2m is too small. I am hoping to find a dish with that kind of SPECs for wind. I tried calling SatelliteAV but the nice lady said they don't sell them and told my to try and Google it. I have been Googling for 3 days, to no avail.

Used to have a 6 ft Chinese made dish but the Santa Ana winds ripped it right of the Polar mount so the wind issue is important.

I have a SAMI 10 ft mesh and it stands up to the wind with no problems. I use the SAMI for my Moto 922 on X4/W5 and scanning east to west as well

I have a MOTO 410 I would like to put in operation and lock it on X4/W5 so a 10 or 12 ft dish would be a waste

Cannot find anyone selling a Prodelin or a Patriot either. Unable to find any 6 - 8 ft mesh dishes either.

Have spend I don't know how many weekends driving around and around, but cannot find any dishes that are not being used.

Any help from anyone would greatly be appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:
several ideas

Toucan-man (and others) have been pretty good about posting BUD-offers he's found.
Keep an eye on our forum.

Several years back, someone from out of state, saw a deal on Paraclipse H-H near L.A., and alerted me to it!
I've also pointed other local members to nice BUDs.
Having good friends here on the forum is invaluable! ;)

Another dish you might consider, is the fairly common Prodelin 6' offset dish.
A lot of 'em are being taken out of service on the roofs of car dealers, etc.
A number of members here, have 'em.
They're real stiff, and come with a non-penetrating roof mount.
That puts 'em close to the ground on a short pole, possibly minimizing wind loading.

Get signal reports from existing users, to see if it's right for the job.

Toucan-man (and others) have been pretty good about posting BUD-offers he's found.
Keep an eye on our forum.

I use this site, and can recommend it to anyone wanting to search multiple Craigslist cities:

http://crazedlist.org/

I set up several RSS feeds to minimize the uninteresting Craigslist ads I'd have to otherwise wade through. I probably miss some dishes this way, searching on "big dish" or "mesh dish", etc.

If you use Crazedlist in the browser, instead of RSS, you need to disable "send referrer data" or whatever your browser calls it or the searches won't work. Basically Crazedlist hides itself from Craigslist, which can't stand this kind of multiple city search kind of thing.

A past advertising supporter of this forum Sadoun has them for sale? I found a 1.8M (6ft) solid prime focus w/polar mount for $300 and free shipping very quickly, but no information about the wind stress factors? No pole, and no LNBF of course.

He ( Sadoun ) now has a New 8' listed as well. ;)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!hkE0gOVLbJCBN(c!RrhVw~~0_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!hkE0gOVLbJCBN(c!RrhVw~~0_12.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Hi All,

I saw the dishes at SADOUN by the wind criteria is the main crtieria and the Dishes at SADOUN will not survive the Santa Ana winds that blow in here. We are talking winds of 95 mph peak and more sometimes. With the dishes at SADOUN, the dish survival is 89 mph. That is why I am looking for a more beefed up dish like A GEOSATPRO 1.8, Prodelin etc which has surival winds of up to 125 mph. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts