Looking for AMC3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Once again, your knowledge is required.
As I am trying to lock on AMC3 all I got is the following channels:
SNG some written ads
SNG PAtient Channel
TV1 Bloomberg TV
INFO arabic stuff
URDU arabic stuff
ENGLISH arabic stuff
UR/ENG arabic stuff
AR/FRN arabic stuff
TV3 blank screen low signal
TV4 blank screen low signal
TV5 blank screen low signal
TV6 blank screen low signal
WYDN blank screen

Am I looking at the right sat? why isn't PBS in it?

Thanks,:)

you have the right sat

the TV 3,4,5,6 ones are the PBS but they have been a bugger to get lately

also Montana PBS is there
12164 H 4340

It is AC3 and you need to pump it thru a receiver (stereo) that can decode it.

EDIT: Montana should have audio

yep. Need a audio receiver that can decode AC-3 and need a satellite receiver that can output it :)

I have a receiver that should output it, I hope, but not hooked up to the TV that has the receiver.... always something else to figure out.
Is PBS Montana the WYDN channel?

Also, which connection outputs the AC3, Audio R/L or spdif?

Last edited:
no
WYDN is Daystar (12140 V 2222) affiliate for Boston
Monta PBS is at 12164 H 4340 (frequency might be off by 1 or 2) and will log at "TV2"

AC-3 will come from SPDIF out. You must connect this digital output signal to a receiver (and connection) capable of decoding Dolby Digital (not Dolby Pro Logic or Dolby Surround, these are older analog surround standards). AC-3 is the same thing as Dolby Digital.

Thanks Tron and Ice. I had to add the TP to my receiver and now I got TV2 and it works great!. I believe my SONY receiver will do the trick although I don't recall it having an SPDIF input, only digital coax. (orange) is thet the same?

Thanks Tron and Ice. I added the TP to AMC3 and now I got TV2 (PBS Montana) working great!.
I have a Sony STRDE585 receiver, but I don't see any spdif inputs. Is it the orange coax (digital)?

Thanks

playyymaster said:
Thanks Tron and Ice. I had to add the TP to my receiver and now I got TV2 and it works great!. I believe my SONY receiver will do the trick although I don't recall it having an SPDIF input, only digital coax. (orange) is thet the same?
Digital coax with orange color coding should work.

playyymaster said:
Once again, your knowledge is required.
As I am trying to lock on AMC3 all I got is the following channels:
SNG some written ads
SNG PAtient Channel
TV1 Bloomberg TV
INFO arabic stuff
URDU arabic stuff
ENGLISH arabic stuff
UR/ENG arabic stuff
AR/FRN arabic stuff
TV3 blank screen low signal
TV4 blank screen low signal
TV5 blank screen low signal
TV6 blank screen low signal
WYDN blank screen
Am I looking at the right sat? why isn't PBS in it?
Thanks,:)

Playyy, can you give me some tips to locking into AMC3? That's one of the birds that I can't seem to find. IA5, AMC4 are perfect.

Ice, Thanks, Funny thing on the blind scan I keep getting 12163 H 4340 as a transponder and no Montana Pbs last few days,( the daughter wasn't too happy) So I went in today to edit TP, put 12164 an poof, PBS. Later, Mark

Oh, does the blind scan tend to miss some transponders, or hit the wrong freq.

Each LNB can be off on the frequency by 1 or 2. As an example, when I scan SBS6, Ohio News Network which is at 11742 H 6616 blind scan it will hit at 11740 or 11741 more than ¾ of the time.

The best thing to do is if a blind scan doesn’t grab it for some odd reason, manually add the info and do a transponder scan. Also works really good for aiming at the satellite. Program in a known STRONG signal so you can aim the dish : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts