Looking for DIY LNB Holder ideas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jscrimshaw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
London ON
Hey everyone

Went outside to fine tune my dish (SQ on some sats were poor) and noticed that the LNB holder was cracked.. Now, when the motor moves my dish, my Invacom qph-031 wont stay centred (hence the poor SQ).. I tried to super-glue the clamp where it broke but as soon as I tightened the clamp around the neck of the LNB, the clamp broke again..

Does anyone have any ideas for a DIY LNB clamp

Thanks

Just wondering if you have a place that sells locktite brand glue. Use one that is made for the material of the clamp. I have used it in the past on many things that superglue would not hold. It works very well.

Chuck

If your current clamp is one of those two piece plastic types, you can replace the top part with perforated (plumbers) strap.

Thanks Putney... I actually have a roll.. Never occurred to me to use that.. lol

This is the home of the DIY LNBF holder. :D

Conduit holders are cheap, available in many sizes, work well and look as if designed for that purpose. I also use metal hose clamps also for temporary projects that sometimes turn into permanent ones. I've also used a few plastic wire zip ties for quick fixes.

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply

I got myself some copper strapping and thats working great. I thought I had a box but I didn't so I had to go get some... I got the copper strapping to that it wouldn't rust or corrode

Thanks for all the ideas guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)