Status
Please reply by conversation.

leifkenn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Colorado
Hello all,
I am looking to receive FTA radio and was looking for some advise as to the correct satellite to aim at and what all is required to receive radio.
I am using a Direcpc dish with a coolsat 5000 pointed at Galaxy 18 and receiving lots of video just no radio.
I am specifically looking for Focus on the Family if it is available.
Thanks

Hello all,
I am looking to receive FTA radio and was looking for some advise as to the correct satellite to aim at and what all is required to receive radio.
I am using a Direcpc dish with a coolsat 5000 pointed at Galaxy 18 and receiving lots of video just no radio.
Thanks

If you want Focus you will need to have a C band dish...their distro feeds are on AMC 3.

Hello all,
Thanks

As ACRadio already explained, Focus on the Family is on C-Band so you'd need a 6' or larger dish for that. There are other Christian radio services on Ku band however mainly on Galaxy 25 and AMC 4.

Here is a list. (There may be more)

Galaxy 25 @ 97W Spirit 1 Radio
Galaxy 25 @ 97W Overcomer
Galaxy 25 @ 97W KNLB Radio
Galaxy 25 @ 97W VBS Radio
Galaxy 25 @ 97W EzraWebRadio
Galaxy 25 @ 97W America Liberty Radio

AMC 4 @ 101W 3ABN Radio
AMC 4 @ 101W Radio 74
AMC 4 @ 101W LifeTalk Radio

If you'd like to receive signals from these two satellites simultaneously you might take a look at a nice clean solution that one of our sponsors, SatAV has to offer. That way you could leave your Galaxy 18 dish where it is and simply use a DiSEqC switch to electronically switch between satellites. Here is a link.
90CM DISH 2 SATELLITE 4 DEGREE KIT - SatelliteAV, LLC.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts