Looking for Galaxy 18 this weekend have ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I would like to try and find Galaxy 18 this weekend but my Mercury II does not list this new satellite.

I took a quick look at the edit functions within the receiver but I did not see a way to enter a new satellite. What is the best way to try and setup on G18? Should I try and use G10 and edit the transponders or just try and find a few that match G18 then run a blind scan?

Any tips would be great.

Thanks, DC

I'm glad you found 123W Ku!
The name of the satellite is......well confusing;)
Bob

Nothing changed but the name (well, and the physical satellite spacecraft). All transponders are the same, maybe a little better signal. I think I'll keep the G-10R name in my receivers for posterity. Good 'ol G-10R was legendary! :)

Nothing changed but the name (well, and the physical satellite spacecraft). All transponders are the same, maybe a little better signal. I think I'll keep the G-10R name in my receivers for posterity. Good 'ol G-10R was legendary! :)

Hi all, I sure enjoyed it last night. Love getting all those western stations :).

BTW - it's booming in here on a 80 CM Fortec Star with the simple KUL1 LNBF. I'm getting something like 88 % for the signal level and 62 % on the quality.

Later, DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.