[Viewsat] Looking for Latest Updates for Viewsat Ultra Lite

OK, Here are the files that I found, but I just haven't tried em yet. I'm going to regroup, and get an AMIKO A3 HDSE from KE4EST' s ebay store for $90, and we're going to invest in a Titanium ASC1 as well . With this unit built for the latest system requirements, like DVB-S2 decoding etc., with a Great looking style, with Smart and User friendly environment. I think I would like to do what you were talking about making the Viewsat a really good portable setup system. I've got a little 5" B/W TV/Radio from back in the day, and it would be a good little monitor, and take a small bungie to clip them together using the openings on the rcvr. and run it over the TV to make a little carrying unit. I have power within reason out there, so it's a do-able thing for sure. Thats such a cool idea, Thanks! Here is the loader and the others. I'm looking back at these with a little more educated eyes, and anything above ver .12 would be an upgrade (however useful).to this unit. But if you would please let me know if these are useful to you. I think I might go ahead and see what is on there with the loader program. (I think you'll like it), it gives you an editing capabilty, which would be useful to at least correct the names like you said, and see about what it takes to change some screwy locations I see, and or get the system closer to this century lol. It has a (Lets call it Acceptable but not as extensive interface, but I don't have much in my experience to compare to, so I'm going to just let someone that has more experience than myself to guide us in a more knowledgeable direction. I have learned some valuable lessons in this forum, and these folks have alot more experience and can teach us stuff we didn't know that we needed to know. Take a look at the AMIKO A3, and watch the videos, and you will be very close to be ready to get it out of the box, and rock and roll. But I want to make the very best of the ViewSat if possible, and let it be working for us in some capacity. Good Luck, and let me know how your doing. Take Care T
Thanks for the files, haven't been on here in a while, getting ready to redo my setup, so these will come in handy.

When I used the latest update, my receiver shut down and restarted, and wouldn't act right. When I used the 2010 version, it is acting better, but haven't done anything else with it. I have been getting the AMIKO MiniHD SE going lately. But I would like to load the TP List on the Viewsat, but it won't get any S2 stuff. But the sat list is a .sat file, and the list is a .csv. I think I was able to view it with ALI Editor, but it will only save as a .csv. I would like to download the list instead of manually editing all of them. Espially all the TP's. Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I've got a few loaders, and editors, but no way to convert or print the Data from the ALI Editor. Hmmm? Let me know what ya think. Thanks man. Later. BTW, Got the system up and running, but stumbling a bit with transponders #'s and how to properly save them in Diseqc mode. Whoever wrote the book needs a little better grip the English language, but I hear ya, "You'll have that with foreign products." But they don't explain things very well, and vague. You must be expected to have a real grasp on this technology, or you'll flounder. My wife said that it would have been in a garage sale already if it would have been up to her. Lol. I thinks it's a blast, but the little idio-syncrities are challenging, and sometimes frustrating, but it's the way it is. It's just a rudimentary CNC program essentially. I hope I have a grasp on all this, but does every satellite basically hav all the same stuff, except for some channel differences, or am I doing something wrong. My wife and I noticed that there isn't that much of an array of choices. A lot of the same channels on different sats? I know some have different stuff, but mostly repeats. Check me if I'm wrong. I hope I am... Anyway, I'll catch ya... Thanks! Tom

Is it more user friendly than the MiniHD SE? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but could have had the "Great features" like Automatic Setup, which doesn't work for us, and NO Programming info/ scheduling, as per my wife. I just wish more was for US, and not just have to deal with non-functioning features.. I should look into programming features, and controls... Ya know...

What are some of the duplicate channels? There are a few channel duplicates on multiple satellites like ABC on 95w and 99w, This, MeTV and Movies! on 99w and 101w, but most other channels do not have duplicates on multiple satellites. Maybe the same satellite is being saved and blind scanned with different satellite names?

There are several editors that I jest and output multiple file types. MediaBox Editor Studio is a good editor that can read ALI files and output in many flavors. It has so many years since I have used a Viewsat, I don't remember the editor. If Channel Master worked, export from MediaBox Editor Studio and convert with Channel Master?

Sorry Brian, I missed your post, but yeah, they are like you are talking about, and yes, I think I was doing that as well. I had a boat load of stuff, so much, it got full, so tried to go to service app to clean everything, but the system was so goobered with stuff, so I deleted all the crap, and back to square one again. I still don't know how to use the Re-alignment mode. Is that for USALS?, and I think I wigged everything out when I hit it tho.. Hmmm. Let's see here. Have a great one! T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)