Looking for SDR that will cover 100KHz to 3 GHz ranges

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, So far been pretty impressive it's like going in Star Trek world!

Using SDR Sharp AirSpy software for PC with hardware RTL SDR dongle hooked up with temporary rabbit ear antenna, will replace a better antenna. :)

Now let me try uploading screenshots andHope's it comes up.:)

Yep it came up nicely, let add few more pictures...

Attachments

• 20200108_171122.jpg
    20200108_171122.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200131_073256.jpg
    20200131_073256.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 20200131_073649.jpg
    20200131_073649.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200131_073651.jpg
    20200131_073651.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200131_073911.jpg
    20200131_073911.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200131_074045.jpg
    20200131_074045.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: spongella
Too bad can't upload 2 video clips for you to see.:(

Would have shown SDR in live motion and the nice thing about it no more $3,000.00 professional band scope anymore!

That we used to drool over it back in the old days back late 90's and turn of the century. :)

Too bad can't upload 2 video clips for you to see.

Just upload them to YouTube and then post link here.

nice thing about it no more $3,000.00 professional band scope anymore!
Well this is a long way from a professional scope, limited in many ways....but for the hobbyist yes it is very nice.

Reactions: N5XZS
What you think of SDR Sharp software for windows 10? is there a better version for window? For me it looks impressive! Been test playing the SDR Sharp's software. My SDR dongle should be anytime soon!:clapping:bounce

I have used SDR Sharp and it's ok...However I am now delving into monitoring Inmarsat stuff on L band

Going check this out baby! Thank you Titanium .

Will let you know how it works out. :hatsoff :hungry
If you pursue this, you will want to get the RSPdx as the pro has been discontinued. Fantastic SDR! Much better than the RTL dongles.

Reactions: Titanium and k.r.
I am a little late to the party, but my fun is with the Rspay1a and dsd+fastlane. It decodes almost all digital modes and the fastlane version trunks with a single SDR.

I have used SDR Sharp and it's ok...However I am now delving into monitoring Inmarsat stuff on L band
SDR# is said to be the defacto standard. Tons of plugins. Unfortunately with my RSP2 there is a pissing war between SDRPlay and them. There is an older version that works but can't integrate newer plugins in it.

I just built an Inmarsat patch antenna and get pretty good signal levels. Using a nooelec LNA. Not the Sawbird because I needed to use it for other freqs too. As far as decoding Inmarsat, none yet. Just rassled up the materials a few days ago.
Simon Brown's SDR Radio seems to be pretty nice now that he's refined it.
SDRUno is okay.
My go-to software is still HDSDR. Its pretty easy to use and plays nice with my radio and laptop.
Still trying to grab the differences in the free version of DSD+ and the fastlane version and what it will do versus the free version.

Wefax sats have been pretty easy to decode and Meteor sats are fun to grab too with a fashioned 137Mhz QFH made from CATV hardline. Since getting my LNA working those sats are nice. Hamsats are now coming in with just a Diamond discone.
I use VB cable. Tried VAC but ran back to VB cable. I have a pile of digital decoders too.

SDR# is said to be the defacto standard. Tons of plugins. Unfortunately with my RSP2 there is a pissing war between SDRPlay and them. There is an older version that works but can't integrate newer plugins in it.

I just built an Inmarsat patch antenna and get pretty good signal levels. Using a nooelec LNA. Not the Sawbird because I needed to use it for other freqs too. As far as decoding Inmarsat, none yet. Just rassled up the materials a few days ago.
Simon Brown's SDR Radio seems to be pretty nice now that he's refined it.
SDRUno is okay.
My go-to software is still HDSDR. Its pretty easy to use and plays nice with my radio and laptop.
Still trying to grab the differences in the free version of DSD+ and the fastlane version and what it will do versus the free version.

Wefax sats have been pretty easy to decode and Meteor sats are fun to grab too with a fashioned 137Mhz QFH made from CATV hardline. Since getting my LNA working those sats are nice. Hamsats are now coming in with just a Diamond discone.
I use VB cable. Tried VAC but ran back to VB cable. I have a pile of digital decoders too.

I am using the RTL-SRD Patch Antenna as I was too lazy to build one! Works ok...well enough to decode STD-C stuff from Inmarsat. Seems I cannot find an LNA that will pass power to the input to power the active Patch...Guess no one makes one so will have to use a Bias T to power the Active Patch. Would like to see the particulars on your homebrew patch...perhaps it will work better than what I have now. I am using the RTL-SRD V3 dongle but will be upgrading to the RSP1 as I really don't need dual inputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)