Looking for some guidance please...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meimmortal1

Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Providence, RI
Am I on the right track here? The location of my dish will be 41.888839,-71.420183. There is a dish network dish there now with three coaxial lines leading to my house. I have 5 televisions, 2 dual TV tuners and 1 single tuner. I would like to get Openbox S9's to control a Digiwave DMT-990H motorl, also need a couple of converters for the TV's I have without atsc tuners (or if a new receiver is developed with an ota tuner), the others I will just terrestrial feed right to the TV. I don't plan to construct this until next March when my Dish Network contract is over, but I just want to learn as much as I can so installation goes as smoothly as possible. Am I on the right track or way off here? I'd like to spend up $1,000, but seeing my Dish Network monthly charge is around $90 a month and I get $2-3K back from yearly my tax return, I think this would be a really good project for me. I drawn a preliminary design that I've attached, and here are some links for supplies.

elevation 36 degrees, azimuth 210 degrees lnb swew 23 degrees?
International Satellite Dish Systems Chart to help you aim your satellite dish for Telstar5 and Galaxy10r FREE PERSIAN, VIETNAMESE, ARABIC, KOREAN, CHINESE, MANDRIN, AND IRANIAN SATELLITE CHANNELS

Digiwave DGL-1189S - Google Search

DIGIWAVE ANT-7285 8-Bay DB8 HDTV Outdoor Multi-Directional 35 dB Ultra Clear Antenna UHF Heavy Duty Design TV Antenna CH 21 - 69 70 Mile Range UHF HD TV Aerial, BLUE ZONE, Part # ANT7285 | With 50' FT Coaxial Cable: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home

PRM-2 Non-Penetrating DBS/ DSS Pitched Roof Mount

Pro Brand SA2050+ In-line Amplifier Satellite Signal 20 dB Booster 950-2200 MHz 13 - 20 Volt Amp LNB Dish TV Video DSS DBS Antenna Coaxial Cable Slope Compensated, Part # SA-2050: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audi

Winegard DS-1111 Easy Install Antenna Offset Mount Kit for Back of Satellite Dish Off-Air DS1111 Add-On Bracket Clamp, TV Mast Pipe, Part # DS1111: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio/Video, Satellite, Cable, DSS

Digiwave DMT-990H DiSEqC H-H Satellite Dish Rotor Positioner Motor Up To 1.2 Meter FTA One Coax Control HH Mount, DBS DSS FTA Dish Motor Mount for DiSEqC 1.2 Sat Receivers, For Up To 1.2m Dish, Part # DMT990-H: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Offi

Steren 221-352 J-Pipe for Satellite Mount Mast Universal 39" Inch J-Mount DBS Dish Pipe for Antenna TV Outdoor Wall Support for Off-Air Free to Air, Rooftop Base Mast Tube, Part # 221352: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antenn

Attachments

• Satellite Diagram.JPG
    Satellite Diagram.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 181
:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Looks like a fun project!

A few quick suggestions:

- This is an incorrect LNBF type for FTA reception, as it is designed for reception of Dish Network circular signals. You will need a dual output, linear polarity LNBF similar to THIS.
- Run separate lines for the OTA and the satellite. Diplexers are a great concept, but you wont like them when you see the losses in your signal quality and actual OTA channels lost.
- You should not need inline ampifiers for FTA as long as the cable runs are less than 150 -200 feet for each leg. Depending on your location, the OTA may benefit from an inline amp.
- Do not connect multiple FTA receivers to a single motorized dish. Each connected receiver will only be able to watch the same satellite as selected by the master receiver. Instead consider mounting a fixed dish with several dual output LNBFs aimed for your favorite satellites and a motorized dish for your master receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts