Looking for tips, installing 6'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Twin Cities
Ok, got my 6' fortec assembled, have my DSR410 rack mounted waiting for life.
Dug a 3'+ hole only to fill it back up. Took hours since it's all clay and working on the new one now which is better positioned.

I figure a 10 foot pole or so, when all said and done, the dish should sit somewhere about 3' above ground.

I've read that schedule 40 minimum should be used, and even 80 would be best. Considering how strong the winds get, I'd like to make sure it's solid. I could of course just use some additional brackets to be safe.

It'll be about a 100' run, figured I'd use multiple runs of quad shield RG-6 in case I do something else out there later on. A friend tells me the quad shield is overkill. The cable will be put into a conduit as I'm taking this opportunity to put some camera's and other things up while doing this.

The dish will at first be doing W5 and eventually W5 and FTA with an actuator.

So, wondering if there's anything I should keep in mind when doing this so that I'm not pulling my hair out. Any input would be most appreciated, thanks.

Mike

Am also using a 6ft Fortec with polar mount. I used a 10 ft 4x4 pressure treated post burried 4 ft deep. The top was cut round using a saw and chisel to fit the mounting. It works great except in strong winds the posts torques a little but OK on stronger TPs, no loss of lock. If I was doing it again I would use a 6x6. I rented a manual auger type post hole digger and had the 4 ft hole done in 10 minutes into clay, fortunately never hit any rocks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is Ku band on the DMX-741 better than on the BSC-621?

Coolsat 8000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)