Looking into the Hopper after losing Distant Networks

Separate - each 722 runs 2 tv's.
For ease of wiring then, I would put a separate RF modulator at each of the hopper locations (where the 722s are now). Assuming there is that second coax line going straight back to those little used TVs.

If you want to be able to control the Hopper at the 2nd TV location you might want to get another Hopper remote control. That remote control will work after you pair it to the Hopper. The 2nd TV will be viewing exactly what the Hopper is viewing. It is not like the VIP722 that has a second tuner. If that is not OK for you, you will be better off to get a Joey for the second TV or Super Joey.

Yes, that's what I plan, so each little used tv will have their "own" hopper. Researching my hopefully last question that I had as to how to access one hopper when viewing with the other hopper.

Charles, I do plan on getting another hopper remote for each of the lesser used tv's so that I can control channels, watch stuff that is recorded, etc. I hope having another remote paired to the hopper will do that, otherwise this won't work. I'd have to get up from one room, go change the channel in the other room and go back to the room I started in to watch something. That would be crazy!

Charles, I do plan on getting another hopper remote for each of the lesser used tv's so that I can control channels, watch stuff that is recorded, etc. I hope having another remote paired to the hopper will do that, otherwise this won't work. I'd have to get up from one room, go change the channel in the other room and go back to the room I started in to watch something. That would be crazy!

Even if you don't get those extra remotes right away, you can just take the remote from the main hopper location over to that other mirrored room. At least for a few days until you get that extra remote.

Researching my hopefully last question that I had as to how to access one hopper when viewing with the other hopper.
In the menu where all your recordings are stored, there's a drop down to switch over to the other hopper. Any previously recorded DVR content can be watched on either hopper.

Yes, it will work.

In the menu where all your recordings are stored, there's a drop down to switch over to the other hopper. Any previously recorded DVR content can be watched on either hopper.
You just won't be able to see programs stored on the other Hopper's external hard drive.

You just won't be able to see programs stored on the other Hopper's external hard drive.
That's the advantage of the OP getting two hoppers instead of one hopper and one super joey. She probably won't need an EHD since each hopper has so much space.

Is it true that you can't record only new programs? I read that in a review somewhere, they said you can only record new and rerun. ? Seems strange.

Is it true that you can't record only new programs? I read that in a review somewhere, they said you can only record new and rerun. ? Seems strange.

for setting a timer?

Options are: New and Reruns, Only New, Once, Weekly, Mon-Fri, Daily

You'll read a lot of BS from people who don't understand, or have malicious intent.

Thanks sparc, someone must have been clueless when doing their review, didn't think that was the case.

Matt from DIRT has helped me out, just waiting for the weather to break a little before I place an order because I really, really want the tech to take the one extra dish off our roof now instead of later. He said it would be up to the tech, are there any techniques I should use? Batting eyes, cookies, beer? ;) With the hopper would there be any wiring change up on the roof anyway? Is the "extra" dish essentially only for the distant networks? When the tech took it down without asking last summer those are the only channels we lost if I remember right. Can all the other channels come from (or be programmed) to the original dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts