Looking to Switch, Need Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garrettct

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
I just bought a new home, and it is prewired for cable television. I would like to switch to DirecTV so I can get Sunday Ticket, but I want to make sure the existing wiring in the house will work with the DirecTV equipment. All the cable outlets in the house are brought into a single point in the garage, so I am thinking that the installer could just hook into each of them individually with runs from the dish into the garage.

My real question is the type of cable that is in the house. I know RG-6 is pretty much the standard for Sat TV, but I do not know how to tell if the exisiting cable is RG6 (or a compatible alternative).

Here is the information on the side of the cable....

3Ghz E172779 (UL) CM OR CATV 18 AWG 75C LL84983 CSA CM 75C R41602LG440R 254010 FT

The connector on the end is labeled with...

PS 6 10-04

Can anyone tell me what I am dealing with here, and, more importantly, if it can be used for DirecTV? Thanks in advance.

:)

NICE!!

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

:) :) :)

I can't wait for Sunday Ticket next season.

If you're looking for a DVR you want two RG-6 runs to each receiver. Plus if you're looking for HD then you'll want another run for an over the air run. If you aren't going with the H20/AT-9 setup you could diplex the signal but the KA band used for MPEG4 local into local HD channel use the same frequencies as OTA from the LNB to the STB so no diplexers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)