looking to upgrade/enhance my system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rexslayer

Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Hello all

This may possibly belong in a "newbie" arena.

As I cannot get support from my "home base", I come to ya'll for help.

This is my first post here and a lengthy one at that. My current semi-functioning (due to the problem we are facing at the time of this writing) system is a rex1 with a 4x1 diseqc and a twin 150782-CR1 lnbf Dish Pro 500. I currently also have some other equipment that I would like to incorporate into this existing system. They are as follow:

Sony SAN-18D1 and/or SAN-18S1 dish, receiver and LNB
RCA dish with DSS TCE stock #221044 - BSCH84P51 LNB
Dish Pro Plus 500 with twin LNB 151300

Currently I am trying to isolate these systems one at a time to get them working "stand alone" with the rex1.

As I assume that I have proper dish position and sky view. As I try to "scan" the azmuth, I have had no luck with finding a signal. This experimentation is being done at a remotely located pole in my yard (although the pole is located directly on the ground) and not at my existing functioning location.

My ultimate goal is:

to use these other dishes/LNBs as back-ups to my existing system.
to use these other dishes/LNBs to aquire other sat feeds, i.e. AMC, Galixy, Rainbow, Nimiq, other mirror sats, etc. (even if I have to go out to rotate the dish.....that will be another discussion if I get this working!)
to utilize the third orbital port connection of the DPP 500.

My questions are:

First of all.....Is ANY of this possible with the equipment I have?

Are there incompatabilities?

Will the LNBFs work on birds other than 110 and 119?

How close to the sat elevation and azmuth do you really need to be to "rough it in"? (I get zero or 20% strength at any position)

Can I test with only one output from the DPP151300 twin LNBF? (I have read that it will work directly connected to the receiver, but then again have read that a "separator" will be required.....but would the diseqc be a substitute)

Will the Sony and/or the RCA work?.....as they are labeled DSS

I'm sure I need to make setup changes to the antenna, i.e., single, universal, wideband, stacked, 22Khz on/off and many of the other options. Any suggestions as to what types of LNBs these are and what the settings may be?

Will a SUPER SAT PERSON or equivalent see this in this forum and if not, is there anyone that can forward this on or give me input as to where else to go? (lets not get funny with this one!!)

I suppose that is enough for now.

I appreciate any input. Thank you in advance.

I can provide an e-mail address for any responses if that is allowed here.

rexslayer said:
Hello all
hello...buh bye

This may possibly belong in a "newbie" arena.
newbie area? We only really have one area.

As I cannot get support from my "home base", I come to ya'll for help.
hmmm...wonder where "home base" supposedly is? Lets see, shall we??

This is my first post here and a lengthy one at that. My current semi-functioning (due to the problem we are facing at the time of this writing)
oh really? Why you say that? Hmm....semi functioning+home base+newbie+long ass post=buh bye stealer :)

system is a rex1 with a 4x1 diseqc and a twin 150782-CR1 lnbf Dish Pro 500. I currently also have some other equipment that I would like to incorporate into this existing system. They are as follow:

Sony SAN-18D1 and/or SAN-18S1 dish, receiver and LNB
RCA dish with DSS TCE stock #221044 - BSCH84P51 LNB
Dish Pro Plus 500 with twin LNB 151300

Currently I am trying to isolate these systems one at a time to get them working "stand alone" with the rex1.

As I assume that I have proper dish position and sky view. As I try to "scan" the azmuth, I have had no luck with finding a signal. This experimentation is being done at a remotely located pole in my yard (although the pole is located directly on the ground) and not at my existing functioning location.

My ultimate goal is:

to use these other dishes/LNBs as back-ups to my existing system.
to use these other dishes/LNBs to aquire other sat feeds, i.e. AMC, Galixy, Rainbow, Nimiq, other mirror sats, etc. (even if I have to go out to rotate the dish.....that will be another discussion if I get this working!)
to utilize the third orbital port connection of the DPP 500.

My questions are:

First of all.....Is ANY of this possible with the equipment I have?

Are there incompatabilities?

Will the LNBFs work on birds other than 110 and 119?

How close to the sat elevation and azmuth do you really need to be to "rough it in"? (I get zero or 20% strength at any position)

Can I test with only one output from the DPP151300 twin LNBF? (I have read that it will work directly connected to the receiver, but then again have read that a "separator" will be required.....but would the diseqc be a substitute)

Will the Sony and/or the RCA work?.....as they are labeled DSS

I'm sure I need to make setup changes to the antenna, i.e., single, universal, wideband, stacked, 22Khz on/off and many of the other options. Any suggestions as to what types of LNBs these are and what the settings may be?
thatnks for telling us every frickin piece of equipment you have? Any KU LNB's? any dish bigger than 20"? probably not

Will a SUPER SAT PERSON or equivalent see this in this forum and if not, is there anyone that can forward this on or give me input as to where else to go? (lets not get funny with this one!!)
how about my favourite place...BANNED LAND...where people who can't read the rules and ask how to steal go

I suppose that is enough for now.
really?

I appreciate any input. Thank you in advance.

I can provide an e-mail address for any responses if that is allowed here.

oh yes...while you're at it, why don't yopu send me your phone number and address too :)

closed
banned
god damn that was fun :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)