Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Gospel Music Channel (GMC-previously Black Family Channel) will be going off the air January 31st, 2012 . The channel is moving to a different satellite/signal that we will not be able to receive.

Geez. Reruns of family-friendly mindless programming (as I call it) is not a bad thing now and then! I enjoy it for relaxing when I don't want "in your face" newer (and louder) programming. FTA has certainly become the BEST option for big dish owners who want to use their dishes! I've enjoyed SRL and their service, it's been top notch! but they're not getting the support of programmers!

What seems odd to me is that GMC (in its third?? re-branding where programming is concerned) can use all the good PR and viewers it can get! It's not exactly a "must have" (as compared to news, superstations, discovery nets, etc) for cable and small dish companies in their core-tiers of programming. You'd think they would want all the eyes they can get!

well if it moves off 105W or moves to DVB that would suffice the "will not be able to receive" line :)

I wouldn't mind it moving to...oh...97W KU ;)

that's where it was when i got my k-band dish up and running when i started fta. then they moved to c-band and it took me this long to get to c-band. oh well... charlie

Am I missing something? I thought FFE gospel videos on 121W is not the same as GMC on 105W. Unless my old age is catching up with me these are two different channels....Blind

Blindowl1234 said:
Am I missing something? I thought FFE gospel videos on 121W is not the same as GMC on 105W. Unless my old age is catching up with me these are two different channels....Blind

Completely different broadcasters.

Geez. Reruns of family-friendly mindless programming (as I call it) is not a bad thing now and then! I enjoy it for relaxing when I don't want "in your face" newer (and louder) programming. FTA has certainly become the BEST option for big dish owners who want to use their dishes! I've enjoyed SRL and their service, it's been top notch! but they're not getting the support of programmers!

Yeah it is mindless programming I suppose, but more enjoyable than the so-called reality shows cluttering the airwaves. Or to me anyway.

What seems odd to me is that GMC (in its third?? re-branding where programming is concerned) can use all the good PR and viewers it can get! It's not exactly a "must have" (as compared to news, superstations, discovery nets, etc) for cable and small dish companies in their core-tiers of programming. You'd think they would want all the eyes they can get![/QUOTE]

Yeah that can be said about half or more of all channels available - you'd think they would value each viewer, but it isn;t that way at all. Oh well, it's only TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts